Media

You know what i hate? How sexiest the media can be.

Why do women musicians have to be so sexual? Why are women seen as nothing but an object first and as a person second?

It seems as though the only source of self esteem a women can get is from her physical appearance, and what a man thinks of her.

In the music industry a man can rely on his talent, a women cannot. There are many male musicians who do not meet the stereotype of the "perfect man" and yet people love them anyway.
Do you ever see a "fugly" female musician who is widely loved for just "being herself"?. Hell naw. And if there ever was, is she staying the same? is she just "being herself", or a false people pleaser? ask yourself that.

Oh, and whats with these tween magazines? They're saturated in contradiction. Continously telling you that you shouldn't care about what people think, and then the next page is giving you details on "how to be hot"? WHO CARES! I thought we weren't ment to care, remember? And don't tell me they're talking about being hot purely for self pleasure. If you sit inside your house all day, do you really care if there's no reflections anywhere and you look like shit? I don't! I am all in for Hobo house wear. It owns. I mean do people dress up to go sit at the computer? No!, i mean is this a date? remind me to bring flowers and candy next time.

AND! Do you notice how magazine writers/editors diss celebrities and their outfits for being so "not hot". If they're wearing it, they like it! quick telling people not too be judgmental and then being judgemental! In the same way you judge others, you will be judged.
And i know right now i'm judging. My hypocrisy is unavoidable, but i don't mind if you judge me on this, because i feel i'm making a good point. If not, why are you still reading?

The media is cancer on society. It manipulates our brains, which then becomes our asses which is why people in the media talk shit.

Ok, i think i'm done ranting for today, i would add more, but i'm tired. i just thought i'd say this because i had it on my mind.
January 13th, 2008 at 05:56am