WHY MY MOTHER IS INSANE:

So like, my Mum is completely insane.

Seriously.

On Wednesday, we had to go into Rolleston for physio on my stupid knee, and we were coming home, and Mum randomly asks if we want a pet fish. So we stopped at the Leeston Garden Centre to look at them and there were like... four depressed little fish... so we went home.

Then she's like, "How about we go into Animates and look at their fish?" so we get in the car and drive to Tower Junction Animates to look at the fish, and while my little sister nags Mum for a kitten, we get three fish.

Then the little sister complains she's hungry, Mum says she's hungry, and I say I'm not hungry. Majority rules, we had to stop off at McDonalds. But what do you know, it's way too hot in the car for our three fish, so we actually had to take them in with us, and sit down with them, and eat... while everyone stared...

After that, Mum felt bad, and we stopped off at Critter Kingdom to get Dad a fish, while the little sister nags for a kitten.

Mum has wanted a kitten for pretty much ages, since Izzy died from some creepy feline disease, and Tilly, her mother, disappeared just before Christmas, and she has been talking about getting a kitten for weeks now.

So, on the way home, she pulls in at the RSPCA to do what she calls "look", and we walk out with the most adorable little dude, ever.

Dad had no say in this, so he came home that night to four fish and a new kitten. Poor guy.

But it all works out in the end, we named our fish the following... Nemo Junior, Ish, Sooty, and Albert. And the little guy got landed with Ashton, or "Ash" because he looks like he's been dumped in a pile of cigarette ash...

So yeah, that proves that Mothers are insane... and very unpredictable.
January 17th, 2008 at 10:35am