Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I know it's not Dr. King's day yet (I'm referring to Monday), but while I have this on my mind, I'm putting it into my first journal entry. I'm not so sure this will be any good, but I feel the need to at least write it down (well, type it but...you get it).

Think about what the world would be like now if Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. never spoke up for the rights of Negros and colored people. Just take a few seconds and think how drastically things would be changed.

Pretty interesting, eh?

Yeah. Dr. King was an amazing man, and he never gave up on his dream of a white person and black person sitting down at a table together, eating together, being friends.

His dream came true, as you can see today.

Without him, half of us wouldn't be here, I bet. I, personally, am half-white, and half-Spanish, and if Dr. King never spoke up, I probably wouldn't be who I am--or possibly not even born. I know there's other people who probably wouldn't be who they are either--and possibly not concieved.

So, if you find the time, just take a few minutes, or a few seconds if you want, and just appreciate the wonderous work Dr. King did in his lifetime.

He was an amazing man. He's a hero in history. His work changed the lives of so many.
He was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
1929-1968.

R.I.P. eternally, Dr. King

For those who may want to watch or listen, here's the full, well-known "I Have A Dream" speech.

xoxo. Jay.
January 18th, 2008 at 12:07am