Welcome To The "Black" Parade

A few weeks ago one of my friends on Mibba sent me an interview with Gerard Way where he talked about various issues. What really kind of caught my attention was the fact that he talked about racism, which is cool because this is an issue that occurs a lot in society. For someone who many people look up to talking about it is a good thing. If any of you read this particular interview you would have noticed that Gerard talked about borderline racism. Last week I was shopping in the city with one of my friends when we passed a group of Asian students. When we were a fair distance away from them she said in an annoyed voice, "I wish those god damn Asian people would stop talking ching-chong and start talking English here! It's a freaking English speaking country." Inside I was really hurt because I'm half Asian. But it wasn't only that. It was because I know she is really a great person and little did she seem to realise the harshness and the selfishness of her remark. She is actually a vegetarian and she cares very much for animals and other wildlife. So why does something like what language people speak around her bother her so much? She can care for all sorts of animals but becomes irritated when people just speak another language around her. I really have failed to understand her. It is quite a known fact amongst many of my friends that this particular person adores My Chemical Romance and claims Gerard to be her idol and hero. I have to admit that the interview with Gerard Way said some very wise things about borderline racism and I would really think that such a role model in society would have an effect on people’s perceptions of race and equality. I guess the world can't be perfect...

Thanks to Mrs Mojo Risin' for helping me write this. Okay that makes me sound illiterate...Ha ha...
January 20th, 2008 at 05:12pm