Avenged Sevenfold - Manchester Academy, UK - 21st January 2008

This night didn't start off too well. I set off at 6.45ish after making sure I had everything, or so I thought…

I got to the venue at about 7.15pm and obviously, the queue was huge. I found a parking space and headed off through the rain to the back of the queue, realising on the way that I missing a vital piece of equipment. My camera.

Luckily, my step dad was kind enough to come out and bring it to me. So I got to wait in my warm car while everyone else got drenched. =D

After finally get my camera I headed to the queue, which was, by now, moving inside the venue. Once inside I headed over to the merch and bought myself a rather nice t-shirt and then a bottle of water from the bar. Surprisingly I was allowed to keep the lid.

The first support, Black Tide, were already playing as I entered the venue so I missed a bit of them. What I caught of them was good. I'll definitely be checking them out.

Second support act, Bloodsimple, were great. They started a circle pit and I managed to get passed them and head to about 6 rows from the front.

After they finished the crowd surged forward to try to get nearer to Avenged Sevenfold.

I managed to get about 4 rows, but some schmuck ripped my bag so I got out.

After fixing it, I was about half way back. Too far for my liking. Luckily, crowd surges and so on got me back close to the front. When they came on, I was about 6 rows away again.

It was your basic gig really. Beaten, bruised, bashed, stood on, and kicked in the head. The usual. Except that it was A7X, so it was, for once, worth it.

They came on and started with Critical Acclaim. Amazing.

To be honest after this it went fuzzy. I know the tracks but not the order.

I know they played Remenissions second, which was just awesome live. One of my favourite songs ever and I got to hear it!!!!!

They left the stage only to come back on to sing Gunslinger and finish with Unholy Confessions. Another of my all time favourite songs.

This was an amazing gig, one of the best for me.

Let's hope they do International Taste Of Chaos!!!

Songs they played.

Critical Acclaim

Remenissions

Afterlife

Bat Country

Beast & The Harlot

Seize The Day

Almost Easy

Scream

Brompton Cocktail

Gunslinger

Unholy Confessions


Not that order but yeah.

The first 2 and last 2 are right.

Awesome set list. Shame it was so short though.

Come back soon boys.

The pics from this show are in my Avenged Sevenfold folder. Go check it out =D
January 23rd, 2008 at 11:45am