The Deletion

Well, I think I'm going to write a journal about why I deleted all my stories. Most are back up, but I just feel like telling the story, because that is what I enjoy.

Once I got over the immediate depression and self-loathing that followed, it's actually pretty funny.

So, take your mind back to June of last year. 2007. You may have been having a happy time in the sun, or like me curisng it for being too warm. Imagine me are struggling through exams and AS's, and really cannot wait for the summer holidays to begin.

Unfortunately my aunt, uncle and two small cousins came to stay. Let me say first that I love my immediate family with all my heart. They are the most important people in my life. My extended family, I still love, but they are very difficult to live with. Which is what happened. They came to stay for the weekend as they live fars as fuck away from us (something we happen to be glad of) and stayed for four days. They had previously said they would only stay for two.

Irritating.

Then there is the issue of the fact that they are incredibly irritating. Rude. Obnoxious. Self-absorbed. Two of them are under 10, so that's quite an achievement.

So, cue them leaving, and me being happy about it. And still a little angry with them for ruining my weekend. I wrote an incredibly bitchy, full of swearing and personal attacks blog about them on myspace. Ranted then forgot about it. As stupid teenagers tend to do.

Six months after that, I get a phone call. My aunt found the blog. Understandably, she wanted to crucify me. (I had insulted her skills as a parent, and her worth as a person)

So I deleted everything. Myspace, facebook, mibba stories. I hated myself so much for that.

Then I got to thinking:

She searched for me on myspace. Went through six months worth of blogs (if she read all of them, there is a lot she knows that I don't want her too, eg smoking, drinking, getting high etc) to find that.

What kind of person would do that to their neice?!

When I wrote that I was angry and let's face it hormonal. I never expected her to read it. I never really expected anyone to read it.

I took everything down so that I wouldn't ever be possibly responsible for hurting someone like that again. Then I realised she had no right to do that. The person I disliked became the person I now hate.

It sucks.

I caused a huge rift between my mother and her brother.

Do yourself a favour, either make it so you can't be searched for, set stuff to private or don't put anything up you wouldnt want someone reading.

So yeah, there's a moral of the day for you.
January 27th, 2008 at 12:08pm