What do you think? If i've apologized and have been forgiven, shouldn't people leave me alone about the past?

Ok, so of course we've all made decisions we aren't proud of , and it has cost us. Right? Whether the consequences - little or big and life -altering, we have to live with them, we can't change the past. I made the decision of saying and doing somethings that cost me my friendship with some very dear and special people in my life and I regret that everyday, and it eats me alive inside. And when I need my best friend, that knows me like no one else, He's not there, and I stop and face the fact that its my fault that things are the way they are. It invades my sleep and I wish I could change it every minute, every day, every month, ect. Because of the people that are missing from my life, because of my actions.
What I did, upset my parents too, and they said of course I should apologize to my friend and their family and I did, and they said that they forgive me. But my parents won't let it go, I mean I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug, but my friend forgave me and everything has been cleared up. But for some reason, some people including my parents won't let go of it, and let me deal with it. It's like they don't see how much its hurting me now, more so than it did, than when it first came about. It kills me. I'm working on forgiving myself, but its hard because when i need him, the most, he's not there. And I will have to live with that from now, on. But, i want to know, Is it right for my parents to stay on my case about it, almost a year after the situation occured? They won't let it go, and its hurting my relationship with them more, and I don't share with them, how I feel , because I'm know they will say, "Well, it wouldn't be this way, if you hadn't....."
And I already know this, i just wish that they would just be there for me without jumping the gun, and rubbing in what I live with everyday.
January 29th, 2008 at 05:19pm