my chemical romance - heaven & hell. { part one }

Yesterday night, was easily one of the best nights of my life. Maybe even the best.
My Chemical Romance, as most of you know, are fucking amazing. Their sound's not perfect, the mosh is rough and I mean it, but.. ::inlove:. The boys, they're everything you can imagine and better.

I don't know exactly where to begin this journal entry, so I guess I'll start from the beginning.
I went with my friend, who we will call A, to the concert. We were supposed to meet at the train station at 4:45 (the concert starts at 8 pm), but we both ran late. I forgot to bring my wallet, he just.. always is late.
Thank god though, the train was faster than we expected. We got there around 5:15, and didn't really expect many people to be there.
Holy crap, were we wrong. We were waiting in large groups, right, set in barricades? Each group had about 25 or so people, and we were in the 5th group.
Image

We waited there for about 2 and a half hours, just sitting there. I didn't go to merch because I didn't want to miss getting in or anything. And :tehe: at 7:20, the started to open the doors. Me and my friend rushed out of our barricade group, into the first one.
Around 120 people were stuck in that first barricade for half an hour though. Literally, like, squashed against each other. They started to let us in, again, by groups of around 10. I was going to be in the fourth group, but I climbed under the pole and made a run for it. >_<
I got into the main stage area. It was pretty small, actually, I guess because MCR didn't have such a large fan base here and it was on a weekday. I stood right in the center, on about the 4th or 5th row of people.
Image
Everyone was like, 7 inches taller than me though. D: I'm 5'0”.
Image
This is basically what I saw the whole time. >_>

Then at around 8:30, the first opener band came on. It was hell, seriously. I don't know why people were so hyped up, THEY WEREN'T EVEN GOOD! The mosh was viscous, I couldn't see a damn thing, people were pushing people and not picking them back up... I fell down during the first opener, and I basically get stepped on by people until some guy had to decency to give me a hand. 3 girls had to be lifted up by security during the opener, it was that bad.

The second opener was just as bad. At this point, I was willing to get lifted out by security. Thank god I was trapped though – people wouldn't let me out through the front, and I had no strength to push myself to the back. That'd just be stupid. Besides, I had to at least see MCR. I promised myself that if I heard the first song and couldn't take it anymore, I'd pretend to pass out and get myself carried to their dressing room. :tehe:

Then.. they came on. They fucking came on, I couldn't believe it. The opened with “This Is How I Disappear” - everyone went wild. I fell down again, picked myself up, and got pushed back a couple of rows. I couldn't breathe, couldn't see, and was pretty much ready to go. But that was all good, because then.. guess what song they played.

“This song.. is called.. Kill all your Motherfucking friends.”.
I flipped out.
Then they played My Way Home is Through You. I nearly died when I heard those two songs back to back.

This song pretty much fixed everything. Not many people knew it, they sort of stopped and went ??!, and I took the opportunity to push forward. A and I unrolled the sign, and we held it up high.
Holy fuck, was that amazing. They saw us, I swear they did. Gerard stared straight at us, I was jumping like crazy, and he smiled when he read the words. He nodded to Mikey, who also looked at it..

My sign read “Keep The Faith”. I guess he recognized it, I hope he recognized it. I think he did, I really do.

Image

{ to be continued }
January 30th, 2008 at 11:55am