Got sent to the office yesterday.

So. Yesterday was...odd.

We just started track this semester. To be honest, it's fun. Because four of my friends are in it with me. On Wednesday, we were running sprints in the gym. Since we were all standing close together in line (there are about fifty girls in track) we were in very close proximity.

All hell broke loose.

I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but I got poked in the sides by one of the 'popular girls.' I get plenty of crap from them already, so I just turned around and didn't say anything. One of my friends assumed it was an insult to me (it probably was, to be honest--she said she thought I was one of her friends, but then, I was the only one wearing blue-green that day), and shot an insult back at her. It went back and forth, and came to shoving and kicking. I never got physical, but I snapped at them a couple times. I won't say what they said, only that it included racial slurs and the phrase "you're ugly and you have no friends."

Naturally, my friends and I were outnumbered five to ten.

Eventually the coach came over and we had to 'discuss it.' We were dragged to the office, and I completely broke down. I don't have a panic disorder, but I do freak out because I have a very strong tendency to think "what if." I was terrifed that we would get ISS because that would mean my parents would kill me, and I've never been sent to the office before. I'm not a suckup, I just don't break rules. Anyhow, I started panicking and crying like the complete idiot I am.

We sat there for an hour with the counselor, and it was so hard for me. The other people changed around the story a lot, and mouthed off to us a few times, and made us look like the bad guys. This disgusted me. I can't really describe it, but when they talk about how "their little friends are always such jerks" and know you were never the aggresor, it's really hard. Especially for me.

In the end, it turned out alright. We got off with only a warning, THANK GOD. It was such a huge relief. The bad part is that for weight room on Tuesdays and Thursdays we all got paired up with one of the people we fought with. Luckily they don't seem too thrilled about the threat for getting kicked off the track team next time either, so it's forced politeness now. But it's better than more teasing.
February 1st, 2008 at 04:45am