Sick. Somewhat, anyway.

...and it's annoying.

There's some bug going around school. About fifty percent of us have it to some degree. Me, I cough every few minutes and my nose is a snot faucet going a thousand miles an hour. It's really embrassing when your options are to sit there and look disgusting or embaress myself and walk in front of the whole class to get a tissue.

...Snot faucet. Man, that sounds stupid.

It's a conspiracy, I swear. *shakes fist* It's like the tissue boxes are camoflagued so you can't see them unless you look around for half the class period. And they're always in the front of the classroom, where you have to make this huge production out of kind of walking sideways holding a hand over your nose.

The teachers don't want us to blow our noses... ._.

Yesterday I had this problem, except then my throat was just sore and dry and ached. Now it's the complete opposite. Ah well, I'll take Benadryl tomorrow morning and all shall be well with the world.

In other news, track was killer today. Not in a good way; I mean, it killed me. On Mondays and Wednesdays we do this loooooong run to the nearby elementary school, across a trail, by a local pool, and across the school. All in all, it's about three miles. And we had to work on our sprints and stuff...It was nearly 80 degrees as well, and really humid, which meant the locker room stunk really bad. And then there's so much perfume floating around that your nostrils are dying. It's not fun.

English is fun. We're studying Shakespeare. He was apparently bisexual. When it came up on the video a lot of people were all 'ewww.' I think it's cool though. Especially since it was an enormous rarity for people to come out in those days. And we're also doing this biography project. I picked Edgar Allen Poe. He's a cool guy. And his writing is absolutely amazing.
February 5th, 2008 at 12:33am