A not-so-normal day in the life of a not-so-normal kid.

Wake up, get dressed, maybe eat something (or pretend to, for the benifit of your parental units), brush your teeth, go to school, come home, do homework, sleep. Repeat.

Sounds amazing, doesn't it? No, not at all. Ordinary. Boring.

Well, my story of this day, the 6th of February, 2008 actually starts at about nine o-clock, last night. I logged onto all of my messengers, as usual, but I noticed something-- The guy I've adored for nearly a year was online. "Josh is never online" I thought to myself as I hesitantly clicked his username, and watched the instant messaging screen open to it's stark perfection. I typed my usual greeting, hoping to find some new meaning to the simple word, and pressed the Enter button.

Emily-Kathryn: "Hello. :]"
Josh: "hey"
Emily-Kathryn: "So how'd your afternoon go?"
Josh: "good, u?"

To be completely honest, it was the first time I instant messaged Josh. We had a good time just talking it up, until I desided to tell him that I liked him.

Emily-Kathryn: "Okay, it might be stupid to tell you this via IMing. You'll probably react the same way you did when I told you that Jill likes you. But yeah, the person I like is you. So, yeaaaah. I don't really feel like trying to keep it a secret, and then you finding out from someone else anyway."
Josh: "no its kool"

So, not exactly your dream responce, I know. But I've always been the shy type, this was a huge step for me. We stopped talking for a bit, while he watched House, and I worked on my World History homework. *ping* I startled away from my work as I turned back to my computer screen.

Josh: "aight"
Josh: "so how long"
Emily-Kathryn: "How long what?"
Josh: "how long hav e u liked me"
Emily-Kathryn: "Since when you and Justine were still going out." (This was about April, 2007)
Josh: "WOW really"
Emily-Kathryn: "Yeah...I never wanted to say anything."
Josh: "thats a shit long time"
Emily-Kathryn: "I know."

He went back to watching his television, and we talked during commercials, and then he had to get offline to go to bed. I couldn't believe I had told him. I new there was no chance that he would like me in return, no effing chance. Yet, I was proud to have overcome my fears and talked to him, even if it was the interweb.
February 6th, 2008 at 10:26pm