Panic at the Disco: Dig or diss?

I was talking to a friend on MSN last night, and oh-so-randomly we began discussing about Mr. Ryan Ross, the lyricist and lead guitarist of the internationally-known band, Panic[!] at the Disco.

I don't want to sound rude, but I'm really not satisfied with the second album's new lyrics. The fact that I could barely understand the songs from the first album was a good sign, and now here he is, using cliche lines, decided to put it together, and managed to call them "lyrics".

Also, another thing I'm not satisfied with is their new sound. They sound like...everyone else. Seriously, when I listen to the new ones, and the old ones, I begin to compare and oddly enough, even if they have matured over the years, I still like the first album better! They were so unique then, so different! I hate to admit it, but I think they're losing their touch. And you know what's worse? I think they're trying to sound like Fall Out Boy! But, for my sanity's sake, I'm going to resent that and consider that a stupid accusation. But, in all honesty, Panic at the Disco is, by far, my biggest disappointment in music history since Take That split up more or less ten years ago.

Panic at the Disco: Dig or diss?

End. Of. Story.

-Sani
P.S
What's with Ryan's hair? Lol. (Sorry for the chat speak, I can't help it!)
February 9th, 2008 at 03:16am