THE ANNUAL POISON- THE GRAMMYS.

Just warning you, this is not my happy mood. lol.
Someone want to tell me why Kanye West got 8 freakin nominations last night? I nearly threw my shoe. I don't even like Rihanna as much as everyone is making her out to be, but seriously, last night? I was ROOTING FOR HER! Spite for Amy Winehouse makes you want to do that. I was a fan. But she doesn't deserve 5 awards. Are you kidding me?

Record of the year should've been Beyonce. Not Rehab. I mean, if you're going to annoy the crap outta me with that song, at least let her take away the Grammy "to the left, to the left". Seriously. Guys, Foo Fighters, Justin Timberlake, and Rihanna were also in the category. Wanna tell me why Amy got that one? I'm all ears.

Album of the year I have no complaint. I mean, I pick my battles. You lose some, you win some.

Song of the Year- I heard Hey There Delilah and Umbrella MORE than freakin Rehab. What are you people on?! I mean, even Corinne Bailey Rae had a chance, but Carrie Underwood LOSING to Rehab!? I declare a recount.

BEST NEW ARTIST. This category PISSED ME OFF. Amy Winehouse has been in the scene LONGER than Paramore and Taylor Swift. Paramore got ROBBED. How in the world does someone who has been in the industry for 5 years running and someone who had a freakin album that reached sales in Britain be considered BEST NEW ARTIST?! Americans. I swear to you, America is soooo far behind the music scene the critics probably thought that Back to Black was her first album.

BEST FEMALE VOCAL. How did Amy beat Christina!? HELLO!? Even Nelly Furtado should've gotten that! It was at this point I was determined that the Grammys were designed to piss me off.

BEST MALE VOCAL. The best man won. Okay, maybe the best commercial man, but I'm okay with JT winning. Would I cry if Michael Buble won the category? Absolutely NOT.

BEST POP PERFORMANCE. I love Maroon 5 but this should've went to Plain White T's. As much as I'm officially sick of the song playing on the radio, it was a good freakin song. Grammys just hate rockers.

BEST POP COLLABORATION- No idea what happened here. I mean, I think it was anybody's game here.

BEST POP INSTRUMENTAL- haha Beastie Boys.

BEST POP ALBUM- again. Beastie Boys

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM- Amy Winehouse made like #1 on my WTF scale for that night. She beat out Bon Jovi and Paul McCartney. I was like jaw-dropping, kicking and screaming. Maroon 5 had more lyrical range than her! C'mon!!!

FOR THE ROCK SECTION>>

Icky Thump won Best Rock Performance beating Nickelback. Thank GOD. If they hadn't won, I would've gotten a sniper.

Best HARD ROCK performance. OOOHHH, Queens of the Stone Age got nominated. About time. Foo Fighters won, which is good cuz they got GYPED that night.

BEST METAL PERFORMANCE. We couldn't give one to freakin As I Lay Dying-we had to give it to Slayer?! You're kidding me.

BEST ROCK SONG- SCREW YOU! Icky Thump and Chris Daughtry should've had this. I DO NOT CARE. Well, at least the White Stripes got Best Alt Music Album, otherwise the sniper plan would've been reestablished.

BEST ROCK ALBUM- Thank you Foo Fighters.

AS FOR THE R&B...Ne-Yo, Musiq Soulchild, Angie Stone, Akon [wow, I'm defending him?] got robbed. But not everyone could win. I LOVE that Lupe Fiasco won for Daydreamin with Angie Stone. Hallelujah. Best R&B song was "No One" but if you're going for lyrical points, it should've been "Teachme".

RAP. Good Lord. Kanye is an egotistical conceited man. That's all I gotta say. Best RAP collabo went to Rihanna [sigh] but freakin Chris Brown should've taken it. It's okay, Chris. Next year. WTF was SOULJA BOY doin nominated!? I mean, the song. UGH. I can't even finish. I'll just get pissed.

The Only thing right they got was Country. seriously. Who else is PISSED?!
February 12th, 2008 at 03:32am