Big, Thin, Average ; you are Beautiful

Why does it seem that almost every teenage girl in America has some sense of issue with her body? No I'm not saying that all of them do, so don't attack me if you don't. But every girl has felt insecure about their body at one point in their life. They gain a pound and everything else is blocked out. It feels as if the world has ended. It's so bad that we have thousands of girls starving themselves everyday , striving for perfection. Why can't we just learn to love our bodies and realize that no one is perfect? You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. And if your naturally thin, It doesn't mean that you have an eating disorder. Everyones body is different. That's what makes you unique. We need to stop looking at outward appreance and learn to love whats on the inside.

Sadly, I have to admit that I have been one of these girls who have experienced a hate for their body almost everyday. It feels like nothing ever seems to look right. You feel good about it one minute and the next, your confidence has already faded. It's not the weight that holds you down, it's the way you feel about it. And the way you feel about you. I used to look in the mirror and pick at the little things i hated. After almost two years, I got fed up. I glanced at the mirror and forced myself not to pick out a flaw. And after a while I finally realized that i truly was beautiful. And that everybody is.

When you look in the mirror don't pick out the flaws, see the good things. There is something about you that is amazingly beautiful, but you just don't know that it's there. Only because you never took the time to see it.

If you learn to love and respect yourself, others will too. You would be amazed at what a new attitude can do for you.

Since when did scales (and mirrors) determine whether we were beautiful or not?
February 16th, 2008 at 07:45pm