I got in a fight with my mom.

Okay I'm not just here to complain I honestly need help.

My family went to my aunts house and my mom had a little more wine then usual, if you catch my drift. She went off about how all the girls in the family were going to go to some resort and I would have to take a skiing class while the rest of them went to a wine tasting thing. (The whole hasn't even been mentioned before this and she was acting as if it was set in stone.)

I have issues with being without someone I know when I am around strangers, I always have been. I told her that I didn't want to do that and she starts telling me well you better start learning how to get along with people. I ask her not to get mad because I'm shy. She goes off on how lazy I am! She says that I will never get a job and I won't be successful, I will be a slob on welfare watching tv!

Now I was already upset because I found out my friend couldn't go with me to a concert and I was excited about it. She knew this. I haven't said more then one sentence words to her since that happened. She fell asleep three minutes later! When she's upset with me I can't ever fall asleep! I usually end up apologizing when she is the one a fault. I'm sick of it! When we were in the car she tried to hold my hand like nothing happened. The when I didn't respond? She fell asleep!

I don't want to be mad at her but I feel guilty for some unknown reason. I didn't do anything. I don't want to go to her and say 'hey I know you were mean but I forgive you.' I want her to apologize. I don't think she will...

So my question is: Should I hold my ground?
February 17th, 2008 at 05:04am