Haha, well then.

This has been an interesting week so far. The stomach bug is going around my family, oh how I hate that contagious illness. Someone save me.

And we went to an auction and bought chickens (my grandparents like having fresh eggs). It amazed me how badly the animals being sold were treated. The sellers stuffed eight birds in a fairly small box, so some of the birds' wings and other limbs were sticking out. When people were unloading trailers, they kicked the boxes that had live animals in them. I felt really bad just watching that happen. And with the bigger livestock, like cows and sheep, they used tazers to get them where they wanted to go. I mean some of these calves weren't even a day old (I was told), and they were being kicked and shocked electrically. Oh, and when we were leaving, they were unloading a trailer with a cow in it. Turns out the cow's pregnant. By the time they got the cow off the trailer, it had gone into labor. ...My mom wanted to watch this "miracle." It took too long and my mom got inpatient and we left. But the cow was being sold while it was in labor. It was in a pen with many other cows while it was giving birth. I'm assuming that wasn't very comfortable for the cow. And the baby was going to be sold separately once it was born. I didn't agree with many of the place's ways of doing things.

And my sister's hamster died. Like, five minutes ago. She's going psycho at the moment. Running around like an insane animal. She came downstairs and shrieks "MOM!" then runs into the counter and tells my mom to move, then promptly scrambles back upstairs and continues screaming "Mom!" until my mom goes up there. My sister is...crying a lot. I kind of hated that thing, but I feel bad for it at the same time; it was in my sister's care, after all.

And the funny thing is, my sister doesn't know that this isn't the same Stacey (yeah, who names a hamster Stacey?) she came home with about six months ago. It died a few days after and my mom replaced it without her knowing. The hamster was even a different color than the original, how gullible can a nine year old be? But yeah, so that's the second hamster she's killed in a relatively short span. I'm half expecting her to want to stuff it and keep it as a paperweight o.o. But she's probably going to just bury it when my dad gets home.

Yeah. Wow.
I have a feeling this is going to be somewhat long.
February 20th, 2008 at 11:44pm