All the happiness...gone...

Hi there everyone!

I´ve got some mighty bad news, but before I explain all things that happened since past Tuesday, please take note that I humbly excuse myself for not answering your comments these last couple of days.

On Tuesday 19th of February I received a phonecall from my aunt. She told me something horrible had happened. And she wasn´t kidding. She told me that my mum had died the day before, on Monday. I couldn´t utter a single word anymore. I was paralysed head to toe and by speech.

My aunt told me that she and my sister had just found my mum, so she had been dead for a whole day already. As for the cause of death, the heart is to blame. It just stopped beating. Since she had worked for about two hours that morning before she called in sick, we can only speculate on what actually happened that morning.

We assume that she felt a bit sick and therefore called the central office to ask if they could find a replacement. Since she wasn´t someone who did that regularly, something definately was up. She came home, didn´t have the appetite to grab a sandwich or so, and decided to get a nap on the couch. She dozed off at around 11 am. She never woke up again.

Again, this is just speculation (apart from the final sentence I´m afraid....). We will never know for sure what happened that dreadful morning, but we get comfort out of the fact that she died in her sleep and didn´t had to suffer from pain.

(...)

The funeral was today, Friday 22th of February. We held a ceremony at the village´s church, in which my sister and myself had to light the candels of a seven-armed candelabra. I had written a poem as a last goodbye for my mum prior to the ceremony, which I recited for all those people as best as I could during the ceremony.

Afterwards many people came to me, known and unknown, and told me that they loved my poem. I will post it on Mibba soon, but for now I haven't got the time to do so.

(...)

Now the funeral has ended. Everybody is home again, picking up their lives. But the trials my sister and I have to face are far from over. We still have so much to do. We have to sell my mum's car, clear out her house and find a suitable home for all furniture and other stuff. We have to stop all kinds of insurances, call loads of companies to stop subscriptions and the like and stop the rent.

(...)

After all this, I finally get my time to grieve properly and get back home again. For now I sleep at my sister's house for at least another week. What happens after that week is unknown to me. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

There. Now you're all up to date. I'd rather wanted to give you all good news, but unfortunately I don't have any at the moment. Please give me some time to get it all worked out and after all this mess I once again have time to comment you all.

@ Becka: My reply mail will have to wait unfortunately. I have read yours of course, but I just can't find the time to write a reply. I know you understand.

@ Jessica: I have read your Mibba message about our joint project. I still want to be your Co-Writer, but I won't have time to help you for the coming 2 weeks. I sure hope that you can postpone our project for the time being until my lust for writing gets back.

@ Beautiful Pirate Princess: I loved your Danish comment and I will most definately translate it soon, though not now. As for my Dutch comment, it'll have to wait for the time being. I know you'll understand. Thank you.

@ Caitlyn: Our joyous trip to Emmen will have to wait too, I'm afraid. This old man doesn't have time to entertain you for the time being.

@ PockyAddict: *gives thousands upon thousands of kilo's of delicious chocolate to you* Here you go, as promised. You can have all of your weapons back as well *gives weapons*

@ Gabriella: I still won't tell you if I meant all of that, but it's warming to hear that IF I meant it....you'd be willing to get out sometime. So IF I meant it....I would gladly take you out. But until that day comes I unfortunately don't have time to post comments. I'm sure you'll understand though.

@ Everybody else: I'm sorry for my absence.

(..)

Thank you for reading this post and I hope to talk to you all very soon.

<3~Marco
February 22nd, 2008 at 08:01pm