Obsession with Sci-Fi?

I've only just noticed I've been writing articles about the intricacies of Asimov's fictional universe! I'm officially a nerd in the biblical sense!

Of course I have to strongly recommend him, because it's quite deep for sci-fi, and that's hard to find in this current world of teen sci-fi being everywhere, and when it's not that it's some random post-apocalyptic rubbish! Hasn't it been done enough?

Also the huge amount of manga about is somewhat distressing; they're all ever-so similar! I mean I've read more than my fair share in my time, but it gets very samey. Nobody seems to have read western graphic novels! Most people I talk to haven't heard of Watchmen! Or any of the other great western graphic novels! Although they're all too happy to tell me about the most recent piece of vampiric romance; but apparently haven't read Dracula. It just worries me that this is the era we're in. And although i know plenty of poets, none of them are very well read when it comes to poetry.

It seems everyone has ignored the classics in preference for teen fiction; which I personally didn't really get. Maybe i'm wrong; maybe this should be an article...

Anyway, outside of ranting I've kinda paused on the writing front.

PEACE!
February 24th, 2008 at 03:17pm