I was a bitch, but she was so rude!

So I have a fear of women. Weird, I know, but I can't stand to be around other girls, especially girls my own age. It's like I'm prejudiced; when I meet women I assume they are petty naggers, that they are stupid and irritating, butI don't assume anything about men that I know of. And the weirdest thing about this is that I am a girl.

I'm terrified and extremely uncomfortable having girls around- that's partly why I never go out. My boyfriend knows this. Our housemate also has an inkling. But the thing I am so mad about right now is his sister: We live in a group house, and Neil and I never bring anyone over without first telling each other and our housemate. The housemate, however, is not so considerate... although I don't think he is aware of it. He gives his mates free range of the house whenever he feels like, which doesn't bother me so much, but he also does it with his sister. Although she has her own house, she just comes here whenever she feels like it. Without anyone giving her permission to, she helps herself to our food, phone and internet and walks around like she owns the place, while I have to take refuge in another room or lie awake at night when she stays over.

Now, I've spoken to my boyfriend about how much having her here upsets me. And I think even if it is for an irrational reason I should have some stay in who crashes at our house- after all, I pay the rent and do the washing and grocery shopping for both the boys. Neil is too nice though, and he never says anything to our housemate.

Anyway, this week I had a really shitty week. At 10pm at the end of it I came home from what was essentially a therapy session to find her here. And apparently she was staying. That ruined my whole day. I didn't say anything, though, I just waited it out. And then, this morning, she gets up and parades around our house, harasses our cat, helps herself to food, a long shower and hogs the bathroom so my boyfriend doesn't get a chance to clean his teeth before he goes to work.

And then I am left alone with her. And so, after months, I finally say something. I interrupt her lengthy session on our phone and ask when she is leaving, to which I get a nonchalent reply. I ask her if she intends to stay another night- she is undecided. What she actually said was 'It's pretty random at the moment, so I might, like, if I want to." I told her, reasonably, I thought, that her brother might be okay with her coming and going but that Neil and I would like some warning, and then she snapped at me and said that she'd stay if she wanted to, and that it wasn't so much to ask. I thought that was a bit rude. What really got me though was that she went on to say that since her mom got us the place she has more right to be here than I do. (and I pay the rent!) She called me ungrateful even though she had nothing to do with any of it! Ugh, how dare she! I clean this whole place, I live here, and all she does is invite herself over because she feels like she has some divine right!

I told my housemate she isn't coming back... And fuck, I yelled at her.
February 26th, 2008 at 03:13am