Life is Ironic.

All of my friends are at the Silverstein concert & I'm stuck at home on a Friday night.
Why, you ask?
Because of the torture they call the SAT which I will be taking bright & early in the morning.
As I sit here bored out of my mind my thoughts wander.
I think about everything, but mainly just life.
How people act and how they treat others.
Here's the product of my boredom:

Isn't it ironic . . . That we're told to act like adults, but we're treated like kids?

Isn't it ironic . . . That we're told anything is possible, but no one believes we will ever amount to anything?

Isn't it ironic . . . That they say money can't buy happiness, yet that's all they worry about?

Isn't it ironic . . . That they get married because they're "in love" but all they do is argue and insult each other?

Isn't it ironic . . . That the truth will set you free, but we catch ourselves lying about the most insignificant things?

Isn't it ironic . . . That teens "don't know what's best", but we're the future of this country?

Isn't it ironic . . . That we're told that we have to make our own decisions, but they tell us all our decisions are mistakes?

Isn't it ironic . . . That our parents expect us to behave and make good grades when they never did?

We're always told what "they" say, but we're never told who "they" are. Are "they" parents? Politicians? Teachers? Or are "they" just people who think they know what's best for us? "They" don't know us, so how could "they" possibly know what's best for us? I've decided that it's time for me to figure out what's best for me. I want to make my own decisions; I want to make my own mistakes, because as "they" say, you can learn from your mistakes. I want to learn from my mistakes, not someone else's.

It's just a thought.
<3 Emily.
March 1st, 2008 at 02:04am