Kevin Rudd -the Australian Prime Minister's apology to the Stolen Generation and Australian Aboriginals as a whole

It has always been my heart felt belief that, for a human, for a man, or for anyone for that fact to bring himself to even accept the fact that they need to apologize for anything with actual sincerity and not just to... move on with lives, to yet again gain the acceptance of the world around them, of the people they have to live with. Can be considered quite a feat.
But to bring yourself to bring yourself to take the said need and turn it into action and take the first step into changing ife for the better is something else all together. Something monumental.
And without a doubt, for the first time in a long time, Australia, the greater part of Australia has done something monumental, something that, I'm sure the better part of the nation can be proud of; we apologized.
The need to apologize has been hanging over the united head of Australia since before I was born, and finally it has happened.

Racial discrimination and acceptability has been one of the few things holding Australia back, back from growing, back from changing, back from becoming a better nation.
But a great deal of people think that saying sorry simply isn't enough, and I agree. "Sorry," doesn't change a thing. Especially under these said circumstances. Sorry simply can't cut hundreds of children being torn away from their family, and forced to live life a way that simply is not within their nature.

In some, and most fashions, "sorry" was the best thing Australia ever said to the Stolen Generation and Aboriginal Community as a whole. But in other ways, it can be worst thing that could happen.
Already people have started asking for compensation funds. Which in my opinion is and arrogant and selfish to do. Money wont fix a thing. Money is the easy way out. And money will never bring back the stolen generation, will never repair the damaged ancient cultures of yesterday's world.
So in my opinion, those who for ask for money, are making a mockery out of one of the few truly caring and remorseful things the Australian Government has down in quite a while.

Then of course, the question arises; what will this new world Kevin Rudd speaks off be like? Will their be true equality? Will Australian Aboriginal truly have the same rights the average white man has.
No. That is my answer. Already Kevin Rudd has promised things beyond his power. True racial equality will never occur, and no matter how many laws someone is likely to change or make, will never truly affect society. Kevin Rudd's best bet would be to turn Australia into a dictatorship. And we all know that's not going to happen.

So in my opinion Kevin Rudd apologizing can be worst, and the best thing that ever happened to Australia. Although something more is needed. Not money. But something else. True compensation.
March 2nd, 2008 at 03:33am