Something interesting and a bit about my current struggle.

I found this when researching the new Vista program for something I am writing:

"Note L: The “kool-aid” reference may be slightly unfamiliar to non-US readers, it's a reference to the 1978 Jonestown mass-suicide in which Jim Jones' followers drank Flavor Aid laced with poison in order to demonstrate their dedication to the cause. In popular usage the term “kool-aid” is substituted for Flavor Aid because it has more brand recognition. There's also an earlier, less well-known link to fruit juice laced with LSD, I'll avoid the obvious comment linking that and some of the thinking behind Vista's content protection.

Note M: If I do ever want to play back premium content, I'll wait a few years and then buy a $50 Chinese-made set-top player to do it, not a $1000 Windows PC. It's somewhat bizarre that I have to go to communist China in order to find vendors who actually understand the consumer's needs.

A reductio ad absurdum solution to the “premium-content problem”, proposed by a Slashdot reader, is to add support to Windows Vista for a black-box hardware component that accepts as input encrypted compressed premium content and produces as output encrypted (or otherwise protected) decoded premium content. In other words, move the entire mass of hardware, driver, and software protection into a dedicated black box that's only used in media PCs where it's (arguably) required."

source

I laughed at the irony of the evil new window's operating system having Jim Jones being noted in the foot-notes along with China.

I don't know why I just started to giggle. Then again I have had a few mountain dew's because for the last few hour's I have been downloading a video up-loader so I can download RAW Japanese anime to make AMV's for youtube. :weird It took me 3 hour's to see what were 'cookies' and what all three of my fire-wall's accidentally blocked. I had to go on 547564 websites before I just took a risk and checked shit until it worked. Apparently it all worked out in the end.

Anyway, I got a whole new school in my district. It took 2 years to build and now that I will be graduating middle school in a few months it sucks that we only get to go inside it for half a year. However, we started going there today and the place is one of the most intimidating places I have ever been. The whole place is just white tile, and then randomly placed colored tiles. It looks dreadful, like bad 80/90's patterns made by 5-year-olds. But it also is way to clean. It's so sterile and new, reminds me of a hospital. I felt like someone in rehab rather than a student. :weird

I'm going to try to write more in my blog just for the sake of it.

Also for those who want to check out my weird video's on youtube its: Alexkilledthemilkman

:weird Toodles. < 3
March 4th, 2008 at 04:07am