Changes Ignored, Time Stopped

I hold a wooden stick on my right hand, trying not to wince, as I rake my mind for the right words to say, fearing that a single mistake would end it all. Slowly, I raised the 11 inches long stick and waved it in an awkward way while shouting the words, “Petrificus Totalus!”

It can’t be helped that most people would want to stay the same. They wouldn’t want to leave a certain place, a certain time, a certain part of their life. Perhaps, they’re just too scared to move on or maybe, there is something in that part of their lives which they wouldn’t want to lose or even change. Let’s just say it’s too precious for them that they wouldn’t even take the risk of moving on. For them, passage of time is somewhat a hindrance, a menace to their almost perfect lives.

But life can sometimes be unfair. It wouldn’t stop for us, nor would it go the way we want it to. We can’t do anything about it but to accept and realize that things do happen for a reason.

I remember seeing this slide show talking about that tiny voice inside. It was said that there is no such thing as coincidence. That it is God who make unexpected things happen like seeing someone whom you haven’t seen for years suddenly in front of you when you were only thinking about him/ her or whenever you receive gifts you secretly want even before you pray for it.

Changes, too, are like that. God has a reason why He wanted us to changes. We must just let Him handle our lives and we can be sure that we’ll do great. Just trust Him like how a pencil trusts its user. We must not fear changes but try to find out why it happened and for what. Take it as a challenge. Make that change useful.

I hold a wooden stick on my right hand, trying not to wince, as I rake my mind for the right words to say, fearing that a single mistake would end it all. Slowly, I raised the 11 inches long stick and waved it in an awkward way while shouting the words, “Petrificus Totalus!”

I open my eyes to reality, knowing that it can never really happen. There is no such thing as a magic wand, there is just a stick which we try to imagine as powerful. Time wouldn’t stop even if you use that most powerful curses there is in Harry Potter but there is such thing as acceptance that can do much better than staying
March 5th, 2008 at 05:39am