Choices

Everybody fears something. If you say you don't you're lying. There are many things I don't like but one thing I fear above all. It's not something normal like spiders, heights, closed in spaces or the dark. I have an unnatural fear of choices. Well, no. That's wrong. I fear regretting my choices. It may sound crazy, but to me it's perfectly logical. There are too many choices, too many opportunities to screw up. Every choice you make can effect so many other things in, not just your life, but the lives of others as well.

Just think about it. What would have happened if your dad had never gone to that party where he met your mum? They never would have gotten together, and you wouldn't exist. Things don't happen by fate, they happen by the result of our choices and the choices of others.

Choices are a big part of our life. They define us as people. They make us who we are. But I try to avoid being the one to choose. If I make the wrong decision then there is no one to blame but myself. But if someone else make the decision and it turns out badly I can be upset at the outcome because I can't be held responsible for making that choice. But as I said before, it's not the choices I fear, it's the result of them. So much so that I become indecisive. And when that happens nothing gets done. Everything comes to a standstill. I'm not even talking about huge decisions. I have trouble trying to choose what to order at a restaurant. I can't decide what colour to paint my bedroom. I can't make choices to save my life. And it drives me crazy.

So here's where you guys come into play. There are 2 things I need help with at the moment. As I mentioned before I can't decide how to paint my bedroom. Three of the walls are a dark blue colour. The last wall is just white. I want to either paint zebra stripes, stars or a checkered pattern on it in black. But which one?

Then there's the second thing I need your help with. This summer I plan on dying my hair. But what colour? There are so many choices. My hair is brown and I've never dyed it before. Any ideas?

*** thanks for putting up with me ***
March 13th, 2008 at 03:16am