My hero essay involving MCR

This is my essay for one of my classes. Read it and tell me what you think. =)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Essay topic: Heroism

How do you define a hero? To you is a hero someone with super powers, such as superman? Someone who has power in the form of money and wealth? Or is a hero an ordinary person who does something extraordinary? If you were to close your eyes and think hard about a ‘hero’, what’s the image that pops into your head? Is it a man, a woman, maybe even a group of people?

The dictionary defines a hero as: a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal. That’s just one way to think of it. For me, that definition is bullshit. For me, my definition, a hero is someone who is strong. I don’t mean strong in the physical since, but internally strong. Someone strong enough to not be afraid to ask for help, or realize when they need it and someone strong enough to use their experience to help others, to save lives, to save their own life. Like one of my heroes, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance. Alcohol and drugs brought the front man of the band to the brink of destruction then he came back swinging full force. He was able to realize he was in trouble and he needed help. The rest of the guys in the band are also heroes for me, because they were strong enough to help him get better. Having to watch a friend and a brother go through everything Gerard went through can not be easy.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, a hero should mean something to you personally. Some people might not understand your reasoning for it, but it’s YOUR reason. Don’t let people tell you who to look up to, don’t just go with the norm and look up to someone because everyone else does. You may have to take crap from people who don’t approve. You may not. But no matter what, follow what you feel is right.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

Is it good?

xVonni
March 14th, 2008 at 04:53am