Is hurting little animals funny?

Well, I didn't think so, but apparently everyone in my English class does. Maybe I just have a different sense of humor, but somehow I didn't think that all of the stories they were telling about running over animals or otherwise hurting them were funny.
We started talking about it because a pigeon was about to come into the room (apparently they often come into the faculty bathroom because the window is wide open, and they were trying to come into our English room, which is right next to it.) So someone mentioned how they knew someone who would purposely throw french fries into the road, so birds would go there and they could hit them with their car. And my entire class starting laughing hysterically, but I just thought it was disturbing.
Then some said that they knew someone who ran over a litter of bunnies with a tractor, and how they exploded, and once they found out what they had run over, they thought it was the funniest thing ever. And once again, so did my class.
Then someone else was talking about accidentally drowning a duck, and throwing a turtle out an 8th story window, and seeing a dog get hit by an ice cream truck.
Maybe I'm just oversensitive, but I really could not laugh at any of it, and it really disgusted me that they all thought it was so funny.
March 15th, 2008 at 02:39am