What do you think of Anti-Emo?

Hello!
I'm writting here because of something that happened in my country the past Friday. It seems that some people started to organize a movement called "Anti-Emo" in order to clean the city of emo boys and girls. The point its that, the day that they were about to gather together, at least one hundred kids appeared in this place (were lots and lots of emo gather, as well as other people but...) and started to beat the emos that they found.
It was in the news, even though there was no serious injuries (well, obviously some mental wounds for those who were beaten) it is mentioned in other web sites that this will continue around the country.
For me its just the worst thing in the world, and frightens a little. Not so much for being beaten up (I have black and short hair, instantly EMO for some people) but mostly because if some people actually gets serious about this, and this actually becomes a movement, i would hate so see all this people hurt.
Despite if they are emo or not, they are still people, and personally I admire whoever goes out and says (by the way they dress or act) what they think. That its called Freedom of Speech, and its a right that we have fight so eagerly to achieve, and now, the same people, those who are suppose to be free are attempting against each others life and ideas. I just hate this so much, I can say and swear that I would die to defend the thoughts of this people, even if they don't match mine, i just find admirable how they stand for what they want.
So, i wrote all this, just to know if there are people out there that doesn't support anti-emo, it doesn't matter if you are emo or not, but i just think that nothing like this should be done to anyone. So, if you are not a pro-emo, but neither an anti-emo, and just a pro-freedom of speech, spread the word around you, stop things like this, not only those that are against emo, but those who are against anyone with a different way of seeing life.
Support the freedom of defending what we want and thought. Understand others, because maybe one day, people are gonna turn against you, and you will want people supporting you.

Thanx
Tell me what you think of all this please
Tara
March 17th, 2008 at 02:06am