Love

...is all you need.

I'm not talking about that oh-my-god-he's-so-cute-and-sweet-and-I-want-to-take-him-to-my-bedroom-forever kind of love. I'm not talking about the -holy-crap-he-saved-my-life-because-I'd-have-committed-suicide-without-him kind of love. Not even the we've-been-together-for-as-long-as-I-remember kind of love.

No, what I'm talking about is REAL love. The kind of love where you wake up in the morning and look around and just feel good because you know everything is right. When you care not only for just one person, but for the world. When you want to help people you don't even know because you love them enough to care. When you appreciate people and do all you can to better their lives, no matter how hopeless it seems.

But especially love of yourself. Not arrogance, love. Respect. Respect enough to say, "Well, my stomach isn't completely flat, but that's okay," or "I'm not going to let you change me," or "I saved my own life. No one else did for me. Not a band I've never met. But me. Because I chose to save myself."

I say this because the world today seems to be in such short supply of this pure kind of love, which lets you care and respect unconditionally, which makes you open minded and accepting and supportive.

If there were more of this kind of love going around, the world would be a better place.
March 23rd, 2008 at 07:39am