Any career ideas?

I know many of you have already heard this, but I don't know, if it's just me or whatever, but I really honestly have no idea what i'm going to be when i'm older.

I guess it just depends on what you've done in your life so far, I mean if you've always had, and still have a thing for writing, then you could be something to do with that right? for instance, an author/poet, a reporter, a journalist. You get my drift.

And if you've always had a spark for science like wise ol' Newton, you could go and be a scientist.

But what if you're not sure? Like never the best at anything, but always One of the best
What are you supposed to do then? which 'specialty' do you choose to pursue, to improve.
Cuz believe it or not, you can't do too many, i've tried,

And with the option changes, it's really not fait sometimes, you've had to make so many scarifices like, economics replacing french and so on.
I guess life IS about sacrifices, but it's so HARD!
How do you know if you've made the right choice or not?

And yet there's more sacrifices coming... with option choices for next year, and so on.

I mean with me, i've always been musical, And everyone says i'm so great at piano, but I'm not really, not enough to make it into the music world. Oh believe me, I want to, but it's just,
I really have this thing with a good paying and enjoyable job in the future, I mean doesn't anyone?
But is playing piano going to get a roof over my head, and food on the table each week?
It really depends on how good you are doesn't it?
and the oppurtunities you get.
And if you really love it, I guess it'll show through. But there are just SO MANY PIANISTS, what on earth is someone going to see in me?

I honestly envy people who know exactly what they want to do, and I guess ti's true that here in NZ, you can change careers as many times as yo uwant, cuz it's just so easy. but the truth is, some careers, if you don't start them straight away, you may never get a chance to.

Say i was a concert pianist, and it just wasn't working out, I couldn't exactly become a doctor could i? because I haven't exactly got the qualifications for it, and by the time I do, i'd probably be ready to retire anyway.

And then there's the whole thing about travel....
I'd love to travel, I really would.
Where's the money going to come from? cuz I sure don't have much right now....

Any ideas anyone?

I guess that, if it's meant to be, it real be, But like...
It's so aggravating knowing what might happen if you really do fail.

Concert pianist? or not?

It's not like I have anything else to do?
March 24th, 2008 at 11:52am