Brainwashed! A rant

I just got into a giganitc fight with one of the girls in my play. I have nothing against religious people and support them to believe what they want to about God, even if I don't neccessarily believe the same thing, but this girl takes it to an extreme extent. I was talking about bipolar disease( i have seven close friends with this disease) I then explained to her that for these people it's a chemical imbalance in their brains that makes it impossible for them to be able to control their moods or how they fee. She then had the NERVE to tell me that bipolar people and people with depression DO have the ability to CHOOSE how they feel and its their PERCEPTION of the world that makes them depressed. She said that "God would never create soemone miserable, its their own free will" In short she's telling me that my friends, who suffer from these diseases are faking it and that they CHOOSE to be depressed all the time, CHOOSE to rely on antidepressantst to make them feel better, CHOOSE to have to use sleep aids to even be able to fall asleep, and CHOOSE to have to go to therapy. WHY WOULD ANYONE CHOOSE SUCH A STRESSFUL AND HARD LIFE??? HOW DARE SOMEONE BLAME THESE PEOPLE FOR HAVING A LEGITAMATE DISEASE AND SAYING ITS THEIR FAULT FOR IT??? DOES ANYONE HERE AGREE WITH ME OR AM I CRAZY???
April 13th, 2007 at 04:26am