Jobs/College

I know I'm probably considered too young to even consider where I'm going to college in the future (like 4 years) but....... See, my mom works at a nearby university and she wants me to go there because it would cost less. And she keeps telling me that it'd be good because it's got a good writing program but she never thought that maybe I don't want my job to be writing. Maybe I just want it to be like, a side job or a hobby. If I were to go into a writing career, I would want to be an author for young adults. But that is a very unstable job and I don't want the possibility that it could all fall apart and I'd have to ask my parents for help. I don't like asking for help. I guess I'm too stubborn for that. At least, that's what my friends tell me. I love the idea of being a full time author. But I also like the thought of being something that would help someone or save someone's life. Like a surgeon. My friends don't think that's a very good idea for me because I don't do very well under stress, I have a tendency to forget things, and my face tells all my emotions, so I couldn't convince a patient everything would be fine if I'm freaking out. Plus, they see me as someone who gets sick at the sight of blood. I used to, but now I don't at all. I've never dissected anything (like I said, I'm young) though and I don't know how I can tell everyone that I think I'd like to be a surgeon and go to medical school instead of a writer. And the university my mom works at doesn't have a very good medical program (at least of what I've looked at it's not my top pick). I'd probably have to go to the state university and that would cost a lot more. And I couldn't live at home, so there's the price of a dorm or something. Honestly, I can not take care of myself at all. It's a sad thing to admit at fourteen years old, but everyone's always done everything for me all my life and I never tried to take care of myself. So I just wanted to put this up even though no one will read it just in case someone randomly comes along and says "Oh hey, I think I'll read this one for no reason."

-Jade
March 30th, 2008 at 03:17am