The Soldier Won The Battle

I was combing my hair that time… I was all alone and noise can hardly be heard. I was very busy thinking of what hairdo would best fit me, but then, my phone rang. I freaked out after hearing the sudden noise and got totally pissed off. I was preparing for the very moment I’ve been waiting for my entire life and dreaming of what will happen during the battle, but then, these day dreaming suddenly broke up because of the damn noise. I grabbed my phone reluctantly to see who has sent me a message.

My eyes rolled through the message and widen. I couldn’t stop myself to read the message again and again. And then, I packed all my things, wearing my soldier garb - getting ready for the battle. I stood up and ran through the busy streets. I was like a mad cow lost along the streets, blowing their horns at me but I didn’t care at all. I was in a hurry and too worried. My cynical side started to butt in and insisted that I can’t catch them up, but I didn’t pay any attention.

Then, there it was. I saw a crowd chasing after two familiar lads and screaming familiar names. I ran and went along also to chase, but the crowd was too strong. Luckily, it’s a good thing that I’m quite small to butt in. But then, they disappeared. So I waited for the other soldiers to pick me up.

The moment came and I was still on my soldier garb, all wet but I was on a steady position, waiting for the battle to begin. I was quite lethargic after all the chases, running and walking sessions that I could still insist myself to consider these as an exercise. Though I was pretty restless at that time, the loud strum of the guitar, the heavy beat of the drums and hearing a voice dropping down a few octaves made me feel at ease. I’m not watching a movie on a big screen, I’m not listening to any recorded music, it’s not a dream, but a live and true battle. I was awakened by the lights flashing before my eyes, the screams of the crowd before my ears and the soothing touch of his voice that gave me chills.

That night was the strangest yet happiest night of all. Everyone fought with all their hearts, sang with one voice, everyone banged their heads and rocked out, everyone was amazed, others cried and some behaved eccentrically. Every soldier raised their hands; shouted in the most deafening scream of all and stood tall. I teared up a little because of great impression and thanked for God had given me this once in a lifetime night in my entire life.

Finally, I’ve met my heroes; the great five men that made me change and helped me to get by from depression. Every word, phrase, their rhythm, and melody is life-saving.. I can’t elaborate how they did it, but they just did! To make it clear, I’m not idolizing them much. They’re not my parents… not my mentors…not Gods; they’re just ordinary people with normal lives. They only came for a good purpose - they don’t ruin anyone’s life; they just wanted to save… through their music.
April 2nd, 2008 at 07:42pm