Spring Break, Teen Pregnancy, and Missing Friends.....

Hmm….Spring Break. Also known as a string of days in which you're either having the time of your life or some of the worst cases of boredom. Currently, I'm on the second part of that sentence. The first part, it seems, has flown right over me.

I'm tired of S.B. I'm ready to go back to school; except, I really don't want to go back to the monotony of class schedules. I do miss my friends -- Jaime and Javis in particular -- though. So it's either go back and be bored in the institution or not, miss my friends, and be bored. (If you have not deduced this already, we don't stay in touch outside of school.)

I'm currently watching Zoey 101. It's not really by choice. It's more like I'm too lazy to get off my bum, find the remote, and change the channel. Anyway, now I'm wondering about the Spearses. That's a screwed up family, really. I wish they would get their stuff together and get off the news. I'm sick of them. But I suppose it is like that one episode of South Park -- the one in which Britney Spears takes a shotgun to the head . . . . and lives, barely. America, in particular, wants a celebrity to watch so we can laugh as they make their downfall . . . and then later sacrifice them to the corn harvest.

That reminds me. My friend Jaime is pregnant. He is, really.

Let me explain. We were in the computer lab "studying for a Spanish test" and were talking about something. I always act like I hear things wrong, probably because it makes things more interesting. Anyway, he said something that semi-sounded like, "Pregnant", and so I jumped on the opportunity.

"You're pregnant?! But you're a guy, Jared!"

At first Jaime denied it, but then he said that he was. We make up these silly stories all the time, you see, and so it was no big deal when he went into a harangue about how he would name it after me -- Elisabeth. Then he added that he would have twins. Jaime would name one Elisabeth and the other Isabel (my Spanish name). Isabel would be sent to Spain though. . . .

After that day (Monday), it was semi-forgotten. That is, until Thursday when it came out stronger than ever. I should explain. On Wednesday, Jared got sick in Geometry, our first class of the day. When I say sick, I mean that he threw up. Strange thing is nobody heard him or knew until a kid named Paul said, "Ma'am, this young man is sick."

Thursday came around and Jaime was at school. I waited for him after Geometry like I normally do, so that we can get a hello in before "Irish Time." He was carrying a bottle in his hands that had some ginger-gold liquid in it.

"Apple juice, right?" I asked, knowingly.

"No, it's ginger ale. You know, for the nauseous-ness," he replied after looking down at the bottle.

"Oh," I said. I thought about it for a bit. "Jared, I think that you're pregnant for real."

I left then because I didn't want to be late for Irish Time, which is a done-up way to say homeroom. However, after Irish Time, we have a 20 minute break. In this precious time, we flock to the band room. (By the way, Jaime has it bad for my homeroom teacher. Not that he's gay. It's more like a joke. We always tease each other with him. "Oh yeah, Jared, I heard you went to the instrument room with Mr. _____." Since I'm a girl, they usually fill it in with the Mrs. Band Director, or somebody equally appalling.) And in the band room, we talk about anything and everything; we used to do that at lunch last semester when we all had the same lunch wave.

"What's this about me being pregnant?"

I laughed. "Well you said that you had the ginger ale for queasiness. That means you have morning sickness. Which in turn means you're pregnant."

He denied that, and we soon started to pick on Javis for eating in the band room. No food or drink allowed, you see.

"Javis, what is that in your hands? Is it music?"

The bell rang . . . and that was over with.

*Sigh* I miss my friends. I miss the stupid little stories that make no sense but are so fun to make up and to add to. . . . I miss laughing crazily at little cartoon drawings of me being blown up because I wouldn't give Jared a piece of gum. I miss that.

I should probably be practicing my clarinet about now because when I go back to school it will be like a mad dash until the Spring Concert on May 5. But I don't feel like practicing at present. I just want to sit around and do nothing.

Well, I've been going on and on for an extremely long amount of time. I should probably spare you, whoever is reading, from any more of my rants. At least, for now.

~Ellis
April 4th, 2008 at 01:07am