Aiden, 5th April 08.

The wait.

Okay, knowing that it was going to be quite a busy venue my friend and I decided to begin queueing at 4pm although the doors opened at 6.30.

When we arrived at the venue, which is only a bus journey from home, Thankfully. We saw that some had already began queueing, leaving us not so far from the front.

Leaning against the walls we randomly chatted, doing our best to pass the 2 and a half hours we had to wait. Luckily I brought my Ipod with me where we both decided to listen to some MCR and Aiden.

Then came all the flyers, which I love collecting but sadly all of mine were lost in the pit. We met the vocalist from the first band, Serpico. He was nice and gave us a badge, sticker and flyer!! Then came the Kill Hannah flyers and again, a sticker, which I stuck on my jeans!!

Looking around I saw people on the other side of the road. Turning to my friend I asked, 'Why are they there, why not get into line before it gets full!?'

It took me a while to click on as people were walking over to them. Looking closer I noticed Angel and Jake from Aiden standing there. We didn't go over but watched.

Hehe I am so stupid.

So time had passed and it suddenly began to hail and rain, turning cold. Yep, we waited for half an hour in the cold but it was worth it.

It was so cold, I left the line to go and get us both a hot chocolate from Starbucks which helped warm us up a little.

Finally, 6.15 and they decided to let us in early due to the cold.

The stupid ticket man didn't give me back my ticket stub thing, another thing I collect. So anyway, my friend ran up the stairs and into the main hall claiming her spot just near the barrier as everyone else was out getting merch. Standing behind her we amused ourselves with the UV light also signing a petition against fur, or something like that =].

After a few minutes of techs sorting everything out, the lights dimmed...

Band 1 - Serpico.

British band, I believe. Very good music and great stage presence. Took a while to get the crowd going but once it was started, it was amazing. Their set was pretty short though.

The vocalist nearly fell over which was quite funny.

They had a circle pit started which my friend and I stood on the edge of, watching in terror as we were nearly pulled in.

I got his water bottle, lol. Germs!!

I would deffinately reccomend them.

Band 2 - Brigade.

Meh, I have no idea why but everything seemed to have died down with them. People moved, but hardly. The music was good but still...meh. I felt for them cause I actually liked them.

Check them out anyway.

Band 3 - Kill Hannah.

Okay, so this was one of the bands people were dying to see. So much we had to defend our spot as people were swarming in fast.

Some people were looking down at us which made me laugh cause they wanted us to move so they could stand with their friends, but neither my friend or I moved.

Anyway, once Kill Hannah graced the stage they put on an amazing show. The highlight being "Lips like morphine" and the little green laser lights on the end of the guitars and bass.

I wasn't really all for them but liked them never the less.

Final band - Aiden.

These guys are amazing!! through and through.

Highlights:

+Someone through on some underwear in which he put on his head before checking if they had been worn, lol. 'Has someone just taken these off?'

+ The last sunrise and Die romantic.

+ Wall of death. It was insane!! [Video taken of it.]

+WiL asked all the guys to remove their shirts, taking of his own and coming into the crowd, by us. Of course we reached out to him, touching him, lol.

+ The whole band gave an amzing performance.

+For 'One love' we were asked to get down low, which hurt. We were practically sitting on everyone. 'Put your ass in their faces!! I want to see you get down!!' WiL and Jake told us. We were only allowed to get up at the chorus.

+Accoustics.

+ For the last song, WiL dared to venture into the crowd again, thankfully at our area in which we had the chance to get at him, lmao. I held his hand and more lol.

+Water fight, getting us absolutely soaking. Nice since it was so hot!!

The whole entire set was full of energy and they sure know how to give a great show. I would love to go again some time!!

The end.

Hyped up, my friend and I walked out of the venue getting all fan girly and talking about the show before going to get some merch. I bought a shirt and hoodie!!

Then we headed off home, talking at the bus stop before going our seperate ways.

I took several pictures and videos which I will have to put up soon.

Downsides.

In our local venue, crowd surfacing is prohibited, pretty much so when the first crowd surfer came along, the security guard pushed him down causing his foot to slam on my shoulder.

Basically because I was standing barrier front, centre all the crowd surfers came our way and each of them managed to fall on me or kick me in the head.

I tried my hardest to help.

Finally, one foot took it too far, hitting me right in the back of my head, making me fall to my knees holding my head, losing focus for a while.

The security guard was nice though as he asked me if I was okay.

So aside from the pounding headache, it was a fantabulous night.

Thanks for reading, muchos love
x x x x

FUNCTIONAL.
April 6th, 2008 at 02:11am