DisneySea: An Experience

Ohhh man.

Well, I've been feeling a little down on inspiration lately... and what better way to get inspired than by going to Tokyo DisneySea?!

Yesterday, oh yes.

Well, long story shorrtt...

HIGHLIGHTS!!!1!!!!!!11! (They aren't just for hair anymore!):

((Oh, and I went with Phoebe--- look through my comments if you wish to find her.))

---> Took an agonizing rush hour train ride alll the way into Chiba (where TDS/TDL is located) and I nearly got crushed to death by a linebacker of a man... in an ugly blue business suit.

---> Spazzed on the Tokyo Disneyland monorail.

---> Sat outside of the locked gates of Tokyo DisneySea (behind Disneyland) for about an hour.

---> Rode Indiana Jones

---> Rode Journey to the Center of the Earth 12 times that day. It became a favorite, and the lines were short. We shouted random things at the drop, and as soon as we started with "FOORR JERRRSEEYY!!!", we dubbed the ride "Jersey: The Center of the Earth".

---> Somewhere between go-around numbers 4-7 on "Jersey", we started to call ourselves Frank and Gerard. I... of course... was Frank.

---> We also went into Atlantica, where "Gerard" (Phoebe) deemed sea salt ice cream to be disgusting (I do not share this opinion, I find it quite tasty) and the rides to be lame, even for kiddy rides. Except for the coaster, which was just hilarious, because Japanese toddlers sound like baby dolphins sometimes.

---> Aquatopia was good enough to merit being ridden twice.

---> StormRiders is a giant, loud, vibrating, scary machine of death.

---> More Indiana Jones! This time... I purchased a picture... and we look beyond retarded.

---> Steamed Star Buns! Yeah, we pick off the bread and throw the meat (pork and shrimp) away.

Yeeep... that's about it. I would've had more to say, but we spent a good 98% of the time either walking or on Jersey: The Center of the Earth...

Oh, and if you were wondering, "Journey" is basically Test Track with different theming. It's even built with the same technology or something... the track is very similar, except the drop is at the end and not the beginning (if you've ever ridden Test Track, the drop is the first thing, then you go into the bouncy part- the middle, on this one).

Yes, so, it was a lot of fun. I'm going to have a new and insane fic up inspired by this soon. :D

-Ash-
April 8th, 2008 at 02:37pm