Penarth's Got Talent....

Is the name of my town's first talent competition. Three catagories; Drama & Dance, Music & Song and Poetry & Prose. Thought it would be good to enter, so I wrote a short story entitled Crash & Burn [which can be found in Tales from my Keyboard, last chapter]. I got through to the final, and read the same piece.

Seriously, it was the most nerve wracking experience of my life. Waiting in the Green Room, I couldn't stop shaking, even on stage my leg was shaking. I was terrified; if it was acting then it would be fine, but this was reading out a piece I'd written myself to a full house. But it went well; apparently, according to the judges, you could tell I'd written it - i had the emotion in my voice that suited it.

Waiting for the winner to be announced was pretty bad too, because I couldn't hear properly. So we waited, and the guy dragged it out fooor ages, massive pause between "and the winner is..."

And then my name.

Most surreal moment of my life. I never win anything, well not important stuff that matters anyway. I was in shock!

And the best part is, my prize is a weeked creative writing course in this LUSH place up in North Wales, so picturesque and just from looking at the images, I know it's inspired quite a few books I've read set in Wales, by some amazing authors.

And, I havn't stopped smiling all day.
April 13th, 2008 at 05:06pm