English speech about mcr that got me a level 6A

YAY, my speech was a success, i got the whole of the back row laughing And Emilia even got my inside joke, i wonder if anyone else did...

I love this speech so much,because its plain to see how much i hate Justin Timberlake and i got a level 6A for it.
-----------------------------------------------

Some celebrity's are too famous and most of them don't even have much talent, people like Justin Timberlake (who if you only heard him sing you would think he was a girl) comes in and sings a song about something that doesn't make much sense then is made famous, and earns too much. People don't seem to understand that the really celebrity's are the firefighters, and doctors because they save lives, although there are bands that do, but in a different way and earn no money, then get labeled for being different.

Celebrity's are the highest earning people in the world for just standing in front of a camera, kicking a football around or standing on stage miming, whereas everyday, firefighters risk there lives. Take for example the events of the 11TH of September 2001,a day of loss for thousands but sparked hope for millions of others, celebrity's may have donated money to the charities, but did any of them die when the towers collapsed? Did any of them get stuck in the streets from the Debee? One man was on his way to New York when the planes crashed, he saw the people jump and the towers collapse as he helplessly floated on a boat half way between New york and New Jersey. At the end of that day he was on a train and heard all of the people calling there families saying that they would do something with there lives, the man decided that HE needed to do something with his life, so he wrote a song called 'Skylines and turnstiles' He used this song to put the feelings of this event on paper. The song would start the career of a band of 5 men who would save the lives of depressed teenagers and adults all over the world. This song would appeal to us because we were 7 or 8 at the time of the attacks and would remember it. And if you haven't already guessed I'm talking about My chemical romance. although they already have the celebrity status, it is one they deserve. Kids and people in other bands may say bad things about them, like mariah Carey who said they promote suicide, or the singer from kasabian who said they were pointless, but its just shrugged off. The Tsunami in 2004 was another event that the band helped, by re-releasing Queen and David Bowie's song 'Under pressure" with another band called The Used, for the relief of the event, as well as that the band also visit children's hospitals 2 or 3 times a year with the 'Make a wish foundation'. Other messages they like to get across, either Vocally or physically is that they are totally against things like sexism, racism, homophobia and self harm.

This alone is more than Justin Timberlake does, the most meaning in one of his songs is him thinking he is bringing sexy back, which he's clearly not.

But enough about that, hundreds of firefighters died when the towers collapsed and more were probably killed on the streets around them. Everyday things like robberies or fires can result in deaths, but its a risk these people have to take to earn a living yet they don't even get payed half as much as some of the celebrities do.

Keeping all of this in mind so you really think that these celebrity's deserve there status, because i don't.

------------------------------------------
Ha i love it, that just took like an hour to type out (i wish Ellie was here)

What did you think

XXXAMYXXX
April 16th, 2008 at 12:04am