Do you truly detest your parents?

Parents can be pretty cool, i mean you are being housed, fed, and they buy your luxuries such as ipods, cell phones, expensive clothes; so why call them assholes?

I hear this literally Everyday! I mean i understand if your parents treat you like shit, then say it all you want because then they are truly are assholes. But in most cases you see people from families who care for them that are saying they 'hate' their parents. I understand the whole damn teenage angst, but am i the only one that doesn't truly detest my parents.

I don't have a reason to hate my parents, sure I might not get along 24/7, but they provide me with the things they don't need to. If they wanted they could be buying me clothes from a crappy store, and could be feeding me shit. But their not.

I find it very annoying when I go to someones house, and their treated well, then the minute the parent leaves the room they say, God i hate them. I find it nearly impossible for myself to literally hate with a passion, i may dislike something but hate is such a strong word.

When you say your parents are 'assholes' think about the ipods, cell phones, shoes and the clothes on your back. Think about how there are people in worst damn situations as you.

Just because you got your phone taken away for back talking or something, doesn't give you the go ahead to call them a bitch, i mean remember they paid for it. The fast they can give the faster they can take away.

I love my parents to death, sure we don't always agree but i don't hate them because I know that they provide me with things that i don't have a need for.

Munch.
April 16th, 2008 at 01:23am