Self Expression

I think anger is healthy.

That might seem like a strange thing to say, but I believe it to be true. It's the manner in which someone handles it which can be unhealthy rather than the anger itself. Being expressive is the most important capacity we have as human beings and to vent that anger in a constructive and helpful way is vital to our well-being. It provides food for thought for others and pushes the species along in a helpful way.

I love songs like "Punk Rock Song" by Bad Religion because it spells out exactly where we're going wrong as a species in a powerful way. "The Compassion has gone" and we do "ignore the needy and keep pushing on". What are we pushing onwards towards?

Express yourself and don't try to be all things to all men. You're going to stand on the toes of other people no matter what you do, so turn towards your inner will combined with meaningful conscience. You are just right the way you are so don't be manipulated.

Sometimes I feel on fire with a need to say how I feel inside and now is one of those times. Express! Don't be afraid of who you are! Express yourself and be free. Do something to help someone else today because we're all in this together and the sooner we realise that we have worth as individuals and as a group.... the better.

Anti-Flag - This is the end for you my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqxvtXRwl1o
April 16th, 2008 at 10:53am