How long do you have to hint before you actually have to tell someone?

So im in this band, and we have another gig at school. We've had one before around christmas time, and out of all my friends, only 1 could be bothered to come.

You have no IDEA how annoyed and pissed off i was about this.

So we have another gig this friday. All last week i have been going on about it. hoping they would get the message that i wanted them to come along. But no, it has resulted in my friend (the one who came last time and straight away said she wanted to come to this gig) actually having to tell them to come along. I asked her to do that so its not like she did that behind my back.

The thing is that these are supposedly my best friends, and I know im not the most popular person in the world, but there are at least 3 other people i thought would make the effort.

It's getting to the point now where its like why should i have to try so hard to get them involved in something that i enjoy. They know if it was the other way around, i would be there like a shot. They should want to come, not be forced or persuaded.

Recently i've been falling off the rails, I've been drinking more, before i barely used to drink at all, now im drinking every weekend, usually both Friday and Saturday nights, often to the point where im getting kinda drunk. I even smoked some weed the other week which is something that i never would of even contemplated before.

And my friends are oblivious to this entirely. They know whats going on, but they cant see the problem. They cant see i need help.

How far are things gonna go before they notice?
April 23rd, 2008 at 10:50pm