Concert Chaos

Ok so this was a while back but i have to write about it ok?

The date is 22nd of march 2007 and i am making my way towards Birminghan city in a gold fiat punto. Headphones out im rocking out in the backseat. My mate steph sings along next to me. We are on out way to a concert to see one of favourite bands. My Chemical Romance. Ok so alot of people dont like them but since when have i cared about whats in? If i like them thats all that matters right? Well anyways, we were well excited as we entered Birmingham and drove past Cadbury world and the little chocolate street. haha they looked like houses out of a choclate box. Well it was Bourne street.

We made our way to the back of the queue outside the National Indoor Arena. I sighed and said there would be no way we were going to get to the front at this rate. When we got in we were searched with metal detectors which was a little brash. They took my digital camera off of me which made me sigh onece more. How was i ment to take pictures of the band i asked? "The Band doesnt like their pictures being taken." the Bouncer replied. Lucky i sneaked in an extra camera in my bag then wern't it.

We went to the standing entrance and saw a huge cobra of a queue. "Fuck that!" i said and grabbed steph and pushed in. No one protested but i felt as though i was being stared at. I pretended to be on the phone so noone could talk to me. Suckers. Me and then steph pushed onece more when they opened the doors and then made our way into the huge arena. We got to the front very quickly and everyone had to sit down to avoid crushing ect. I ate my picnic bar and said to Steph. "Pinch me! I cant believe we are actually this close!"

After a while a few people started standing up so we stood up and made our way to the front. We made friends with some girls with I love gerard across their face. They seemed nice. After for what seemed to be an eternity in a hyper crowd full off people blowing up condoms the support band revealed themselves. It was Thusday. A slightly heavy band that began the headbanging, jumping, sweat and squashness of the crowd. The crowd became more and more cramped and my mate steph was edging further and further away from me. "Imagine when my chem comes on! its gonna be more cramped!"she shouted at me. "Im not gonna stand here and endure this and not be this close to MCR for nothing" i hollared back. When Thusday had finished i had lost complete sight of Steph. Oh well, ill see her later i thought. Hope she enjoys the concert whereever she is.

At the front, getting impatient, getting sweaty, getting aggrivated and getting more determined to stay at the front despite the billions of people behind me struggling to get in front of me. An old couple appeared behind me being very pushy and very patronizing. The old lady, annoying and singing awfully in my ear and the old man with his snide comments about "stupid emos" "slitty wrists" and "Long hair". oh shut up i thought. My chem arent even emo. They're a "death cult" according to the support band. I dont care what they are, they're good.

A hospital bed swiftly is pulled on stage with someone lying in it. Thousands of screams behind me confirm the patient is Gerard Way. I quickly flick out my phone and put it to the air to take a photo. Suddenly a voice in my ear says "If you keep that in the air all the way through the concert im gonna knock your head off and crush your phone. Simple as." It was the old man. Dickhead. Im not scared. I keep it up as long as i can i thought. Gerard Way scrambles off the bed and is singing the lyrics to track one of the Black Parade Album, "The End". "Come one come all to this tragic affair..." The whole arena sings along. He rips off his patients outfit as he sings "I expect you wont cry" in to his micraphone to reveal his black parade outfit. The curtain behind drops and reveals the other band members in their outfits. Everyone screams and just for a second i forget that im being crushed against a metal barrier with a potential lunatic behind me. But i get brought back to reality with a severe kick as someone crowd surfing blunders over my head. Ouch knob! Your not swimming no need to kick your legs! But this is one of the many blows to the head of crowd surfers i encounter.

A few songs and several knocks later i feel a stinging in the back of my head. Someones pulling my hair...its the old man. I turn around, "its in my face by the way" he says like it's my fault i have slightly long hair. "well you shouldnt be fucking right behind me then twat." i spat back. "Anyone got scissors? im gonna chop it off!" he exclaimed to the crowd. No one payed attention though, of course they wouldnt. Mcr were playing. "This next song is about the biggest killing machine in the world!" Gerard way shouted. And with that he sang,"they're gonna clean up your looks.." Teenagers a girl breathlessly said beside me. Soon enough i lost the old man and women. Thank god! I enjoyed the songs and sang along to them all. House of wolves especially. When the song had finished the spotlight had came on to reveal mikey having his shoe laces tied by some roady. Gerard Way Laughed and said "Who wants to do my shoes?" Everyone in the place shout me! But Bob got up from his drums and did it. Gerard, whilst having his shoes tied, then told everyone to sing a song he knew about tying shoes. "everybody tie your shoes clap clap, everybody tie your shoes clap clap, everybody tie your shoes, i dont care about you everybody tie your shoes clap clap." strange but it was amusing. Bob then returned to his drums and Gerard tutted. "this is messy bob!" he said and he bent over infront of the whole arena which made most people whistle at him. You could see his boxers! Gerard then talked about cancer research and donating. "this next song is about that very same disease!" it was cancer."I want everyone to put their mobile phones in the air! Shit! this is big! It looks like a city!" He exclaimed. I peeled a soggy confetti piece off of my forhead that had litrally fell from the sky during the black parade song. I took some pictures with my camera that i sneaked in as he was crying at the end of the mama song and abruptly stopped. My shoes very nearly falling off my feet to see gerard walking infront of the stage. Close enough to touch. Instead i grabbed my camera and took a picture. Take that for not wanting your picture done! My chem had sang all of their songs of the black parade album and was just about to finish famous last words whislt sparks were flying and flames were bursting out of pipes. "Thank you Birmingham, We are the Black Parade!" He beamed. "My Chemical Romance are coming up if you like that kind of shit." And with that the walked off leaving the audience in awe.

They played the hidden track blood during their little intermission and the audience sang along. I started to wonder where Steph had got to and how long i would be able to last in this place. I was drenched in sweat and hadn't been able to scav a cup of water off the bouncers. My ribs felt battered, my head throbbing and i didnt even have room to throw my hands down. I didnt complain as i could of moved but i wouldnt of moved for the world.

Suddenly A voice rang out in the arena. "The Black parade has just informed us that you all are a bunch of dirty, filthy, disgusting animals!" It was the mcr frontman back again. The curtain dropped to reveal the band in their normal clothes. Ray started playing the riff to Im not okay and the crowd started screaming again. Frank started spitting water at the crowd to my left and gerard squirted water over us where i was standing and i felt refreshed for a moment. Several songs later it was getting a bit too much for me, I was vunrably being pulled away from the front, one chavy girl knocked me out the way and now i could hardly see in front of some lanky fuck tard. Some way into ghost of you some boy my age said i could have his place. He could see the frustration on my face. "have a nice time" he said as he disapeared into the crowd. Thank you whoever you are.

Helena echos through my brain but my head starts to swirl. Another Bum hits the back of my head. Another crowd surfer. I watched as this person gets taken over the banister and taken away into a non-chlostraphobic place. This looked like an ideal escape. I couldnt see the band no more so i didnt see the point in staying with a weird sensation. Besides, crowdsurfing looked fun. I tapped the man beside me on the shoulder and i pointed upwards, he picked me up and there i was staring at the whole arena and it was as if they were staring back at me. Then it just went black.

I opened my eyes to see someone familiar staring back. I almost blacked out again as i noticed it was gerard way at the front of the stage still singing Helena. I was in some bouncers arms at the front of the stage. Gerard smiled and the bouncer took me away. I was then put in a wheel chair, paralyzed with shock, and wheeled to the medical center.

"Hello my name's Suzie, whats yours?" Mandy "Ok Mandy sip this water, dont gulp it. You look dehydrated. Drenched! I want you to sit in the corner. ok? call me if you need anything." I sat in the corner. I scanned around me and saw people looking wrecked in beds, chairs sprawled on the floor. Anywhere there was a space. I felt relief as i realized i was no longer crushed. I sighed, i hope id didnt miss much. I sipped the cold water. Ive never been more apprieciative of water. Several minuites later i saw that people were emptying the arena. The concert had finished. I quickly dialled stephs number and rang her. "Hey Mandy where are you?" beamed stephs voice. It seemed like i hadn't heard her voice in ages. "I'm in the medical center" i answered noticing my voice was shakey and that i was shivering even though i felt like i was on fire."

Steph eventually Walked into the medical center and laughed. "You look a mess!" she said. I feel a mess. I told her what happened and had tears rolling down my cheeks as i told her what happened. Steph took my jacket and sorted out my hair. I realised it was all worth it. Suzie walked over and smiled. "Your going to have to leave now." Confuzed i up and left. "Lets get some Merch!" I exclaimed. Me and steph walked out of the medical part and up to the merch part. We retrieved our cameras with our tickets. "what happened to this?" the ticket man said to me as he looked at my ticket in disgust. It was covered in melted starbar. Damn! i wanted to eat that! We made our way to the merch stand. Great, another crowd. I sighed one last time.I took stephs money and made my way through the crowd and got to the front soon enough. "One t-shirt, one set of badges a sweatband please" i said. £31. Eh? Sweatbands are £10? oh forget it. Get a poster instead. £26? thats more like it. I grabbed the merch and me and steph walked out into the night. Fresh air never felt so good!

Best fucking concert ever.
April 15th, 2007 at 01:11am