Wow. Cool.

I saw a billboard a few weeks ago that simply said We Apologize For.... in large letters and then weapologizefor.com in smaller ones underneath.
I went to look at it, and I was very surprised to see that it was a website created by a church within walking distance of my home.

"....We believe it's time for the church to apologize for being irrelevant. For holding a "holier than thou" attitude and judging those who come through the doors based on outward appearances. We believe that it's time for the church to apologize for being hypocritical. We want to apologize for keeping the best news in the world to ourselves.

The bottom line is we are sorry and we want to apologize to you personally."

I read this, and I was wowed. Coming from a church, especially in this town, it seems too good to be true. These are definitely not the assholes who harass you with the "Sex before marriage is wrong," "Homosexuality is wrong," "You're just plain wrong and you're going to hell" nonsense.

I still hold the status of religionless, but I still thought that this was pretty cool.
Usually, it's the church that figuratively sits on your back and holds your arms down until you say sorry for screwing your girl/boyfriend or wearing something disagreeable or whatnot.

I'm not advertising for this church.
I didn't even go.
But I still think it was cool.
You can read the site, if you want.
April 27th, 2008 at 04:45am