Day of Awkwarness (silence)

So yesterday was the day of silence, and I forgot about it until quite late in the day, so I didn't really do it, but I will try to be more organized and less shy about doing it next year. Another reason I didn't do it, which makes me look like a coward, I know, is that my religious friends told me about it first, and they were with me and talking and being themselves about it-against it. and I didn't feel like an argument or explaining what I think about homosexuality to them. I just feel like venting/hearing your oppinions on it.

so they were like "you know they have a day supporting homosexuality, and a gay pride day, but they'll never have a day against it" or something like that.

I have no problem with it. I have lots of friends that are gay and bi. and I sometimes find other girls attractive (but I don't really know/think I'm bi, but thats another topic for another time.) Most of my friends aren't against it either.

I just wish some of my friends that are quite close to me weren't against it and so closed minded. it really bugs me. They think its wrong, and a sin, and a choice, and everything. and nothing I will ever say or do will ever change their minds in my oppinion, so I don't really know what to do about it.

We have bassically have the same religion/beliefs, although I'm more lax, and not as strict in my personal spirituality.

And I hate arguing with people.

And because of the difference in beliefs, things keep coming up that I could fall out with them over. Not that I would mind that we have different beliefs, just they would.

Like they thought I was wierd for telling them I believe in evolution, and they don't. so you can see what they will think about me thinking homosexuality isn't wrong at all.
religion feels like a whole stupid wedge between us. And they are really nice good people apart from these sort of attitudes.

so do I keep quiet whilst they say their slander, or tell them my oppinions and risk losing them as friends?
April 27th, 2008 at 05:33am