A response to all of the Hannah Montana bashers.

When you really think about it.
They have Hannah Montana. Sure, it's another teen popstar, the luck of which seems a little unrealistic, but the worst thing they can get her for is not wearing a seatbelt. And it's not really that unrealistic- the show is just like real life. When Daddy has connections, so do you. Everyone has to learn that sort of thing sometime.

Now compare that to what we had- Britney Spears. Does it really seem that bad after that? There's always going to be someone or something that the little girls- and quite a few boys- are smitten by.

I'm not sure how much Hannah Montana any of you who insult it watch. I have a little sister, I've seen every episode, most more than once. It's actually pretty entertaining, and I enjoy watching it. It's not all about her getting everything she wants, because she really doesn't. She has to follow the rules, and she really wants to have a normal life outside of her singing career. If she has fun singing and performing, then that's good. The little kids admire that and it makes them want to watch more, and I have to admit that some of her songs are catchy. But the show is mainly about her home life, her struggles with trying to be a better friend, daughter, sister, and person. When she gets a bad grade, she has privaleges- getting to go to Europe for a show, for example- taken away from her, and because of that it shows how commited she is to studying. Having a goal, and working to reach it. If she gets out of something, it's not because Hannah can flash a smile, it's because she does something right as Miley. Hannah Montana is the glitter coating that pulls the kids in to see the message.

I have friends who do it too, and it annoys me. You should always take the time to know as much as you can about what you're complaining about, otherwise you risk looking like an idiot. If you want to get to thinking? Compare the show Hannah Montana, which I'm guessing many of you who insult her have never really watched, to the Hit Me Baby One More Time video. Think about how much better off these girls are than we were. Those of you were even old enough at the time to be affected by Britney's popularity.

It's not that I'm a die-hard Miley Cyrus fan or a Disney music fanatic. I'm sure she has plenty of flaws and I'll give a hundred dollars to whoever'll snipe Joe Jonas for me. But the show, what the kids see and believe, is a lot better for them than it could be.

And now it's four in the morning and I'm going to bed, goodbye to you all. <3
April 27th, 2008 at 01:05pm