mosh?

So many people here seem to hate mosh pits, which amazes me as the majority off you would favor rock music, am I right? It's just...for me the whole point of going to gigs is to get into a mess. To really hear a band I listen to them on my Ipod, with no interruptions and everything more or less perfectly in-key. When I want to EXPERIENCE a band and go the show I want to go mad. There just...isn't any release like it to me. All I really get here in bundy is headbanging at the feet of some band no one outside of the wide bay ever heard of, but occasionally a bigger band will come and there might be a mini circle pit or something...
It's just...I don't wanna die without a few scars y'know?
I want to go in there and get pushed around, I want to push people around, I want to come out sweating like a pig on the verge of passing out.
When you're in a pit you shouldn't feel like you're being pushed, you should feel like you're pushing, because you want it more than any of those losers in front of you.
To me moshing creates a sense of unity - your either all part of the same animal, pushing forward to get where you want to be, or you're comrades, pushing people back on stage, thumping strangers on the back, being thumped laughing.
To be in the middle of a pit and just stand there is...unacceptable to me.

But then, I suppose everyones view of a good time is different.
April 29th, 2008 at 12:05pm