Costume ideas

Okay, so last year, we didn't have a pep rally. So this year, they are, and they're having three themed days next week.

Monday: Hawaiian Day
Tuesday: Musical Artist Dress Up Day
Wednesday: Crazy Hat Day: Pay a Dollar, wear your favorite hat!
Thursday: Pep Rally and School Color Day (Red)

Some of the days suck in my opinion. But there's one i want to go all out for, and I bet you can't guess what it is...

Give up?

It's Musical Artist Day!

So, I'm down to a couple of choices. Please, give me your honest opinion and help me out. Give me suggestions for costumes if you want! I kind of want it to be someone i know, so don't take offense if I'm just frank and say No.

And here are the nominees:

Image
Lily Allen?
She's a great singer, I love her work. She'd be easy enough to do. I could straighten my hair and go buy a dress at H&M or something this weekend. I'd give it a 4 or 5.

Image
Hayley Williams?
Again, easy peezy pumpkin peezy. Not the best effort, but I could buy orange hair spray for a good 10 bucks, and the shirt I could get online. Unlike Lily, people would know who she is. Again, 4 or 5 for effort.

Image
Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls?
A little harder to do with short time, but definitely worth it. I kind of don't want to do her, not because i don't like her, but because my uncle's girlfriend (a senior in my HS) did it for her musical artist day. Probably a 7 or 8 on this level.

Image
Meg White of the White Stripes?
She's a major def. A 10 on my part. I could wither buy a good dress online, borrow from my friend Suzanne, or use this white dress I have that looks like the Elephant dress. I really want to do her, but I'm not sure.

other suggestions:
Meg of Meg & Dia: in Monster video.
A Black Parade member
Amy Lee
Joan Jet.

Well, what do you guys think? Let me know and PM me any suggestions (with pics please)!

Love, Sakura
May 1st, 2008 at 12:09am