God's Cancer Revolution......essentially a boring post you shouldn't even read.

It's my birthday. I'm now officially 16. Yeah.

My grandmother has cancer -- if you haven't read my last post, and my father insisted that she'll croak like right now. He's making such a big deal out of the whole ordeal -- calling me on the phone and crying, telling me to pray to God, talking about how he'll need me after she's gone. I'm truly sick of it. She's old; you can expect her to die soon.

Tears do no good, and I'm pretty sure that God wouldn't bother. I mean, if you go from a Christian who never prays to one who does in an instant, it's usually because you need the assurance whatever you want will come true. That's bull crap. If you believe in God then you should at least acknowledge His presence everyday. And I don't.

So, yes, I will pray for my grandmother, but what good will it do? If God wanted her to live, I'm pretty sure He wouldn't have given her an extremely rare form of cancer that, while extremely fast-acting, is practically untreatable.

I'm behaving really cynically, and I don't mean to put anybody else's beliefs on the line. However, that being said, I don't want a bunch of comments on how to be saved. Keep it. I don't care too much. Praying, to me, is a bit of a waste of time -- God, if He is God, should know everything that flits across our minds and so I see no point in telling Him what He already knows. That's like telling a Chess Master how to castle -- you don't have to.

My parents are divorced and they don't even live in the same town. I live with my mother and my dad is roughly two hours away, near the city my grandma lives in. My father wants me to live with him, and, when I was younger, I wanted to be with him and my grandma. But then I grew attached to my town. And now I'm not going to leave even if the courts say I'm perfectly able to decide who I want to live with. In two years I'll be leaving, going off to college; I see no point in uprooting myself now.

So my dad declaring he'll need me is a bunch of crap too. In my opinion, the only person you absolutely need is yourself. And it pisses me off to no end that he's trying to use my grandmother's illness as leverage.

People die everyday. Young, old, diseased, and even the perfectly fine who were just in the wrong place at the wrong moment all die. There are only two things you can be sure of in life: paying taxes and death. And it just so happens that it's Grandma's time. Completely acceptable, nothing we can do will change that.

I've been making paper cranes; I learned how to make them this last weekend. I've made so many already, but I don't think I'll ever get to a 1,000 -- that being the magical number. Supposedly, if you make that number, you'll get a wish. I figure that it wouldn't do any harm to try. I mean, at least I'll have all those pretty cranes if the wish never happens.

In school we're learning about the French Revolution. That's an awesome time period to study. Essentially, all the peasants were running around in mobs wanting bread and the royalty dead. Fun. Great. Interesting. I thought I would just throw that in.

I have really nothing else to say. Oh wait, Happy Birthday to me.
May 1st, 2008 at 12:13pm