Things that I admire

I wrote down a list of qualities that I admire or am attracted to in the opposite sex and the first letters of my list spelled out the word MATE completely by accident so I made up a "soul mate" list of qualities (a chunk of which just happens to describe my husband!)

Serious
Outsider
Under-rated
Left winger

Musician
Artist
Troubled
Ex addict

I've come to the conclusion that I love or get crushes on people who embody qualities or talents that I have myself or are underdeveloped in me. It's time to really make a stand and make those good qualities my own. So now... as well as playing bass...

I'm teaching myself how to draw

I'm writing fic (which I'm going to put up on this site at some point in the near future)

I'm on the brink of learning how to sort my profile out on here with the help of a friend (I want to learn how to code)

I'm also on the brink of having the nerve to write songs (I've already posted poetry up on here so I'm only a step away)

I feel good about myself these days!!!!!!

Another plus was that I went to visit the shrink for mood cycling and after throwing all the crap I could think of at him, he told me I'm okay. Yes!!! That's right. I'm sane and well and don't need my meds anymore. He told me that I'm not bipolar and the depressions I've suffered have been situational rather than clinical. I'm to get off the meds from now on.

Gerard Way was right when he said that most people don't need Antidepressants (spelled with a large A). They ARE overprescribed and give people sense of powerlessness that isn't helpful. Okay, there are a group of people who benefit from ADs (like my dad who suffers from a panic disorder), but most people just don't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7263494.stm

If you have a set of circumstances that make you feel shit... chances are you don't need the drugs!!!!! If you have the kind of depression that strikes regardless of life experiences at the time and you can't get out of bed in the morning... That's serious. Get help!!!
May 1st, 2008 at 11:42pm