Bamboozle - Saturday, May 3, 2008.

So, we woke up at around nine thirty. I start making my outfit, which was pretty much cut up pieces of my little sister's old fairy princess costume and tying it onto my pants' belt loops. Made my make-up crazy, donned a long-sleeved shirt and an MSI shirt as it was supposed to get cold later. Grabbed my money, inhaler, and cell phone as well as the tickets and we were off.

My cousin, Joey, and my mom were accompanying me. Obviously. I'm not allowed to fucking drive...

We got there. Everything went smoothly, we got in, met up with my friends, Cynthia and Kelley, and Cyn's brother Ashley. Cyn dragged us to Cute Is What We Aim For, roped me into holding her purse for the entire set, and disappeared. I ended up leaving before the set was over for fear of losing her purse and taking the blame. I promptly gave it back to her when we met up and dragged Joey off.

We found A Skylit Drive playing at the MLB Stage and decided to tune in. God, were they amazing. The circle pits were continuous, and I found out that Joey is actually a pretty good mosher. We almost left in search of another band to watch, but a familiar voice rang through my ears and I turned to see wiL Francis' outline singing into a microphone. I squealed in excitement somewhat, and dragged Joey to watch Aiden.

Circle pits, bridged moshes, and a Wall of Death were what we experienced. I got punched straight in the face, promptly making me think that I had either broken my nose or given me a bloody nose. Neither of which actually happened, but hey, one can never be too fucking careful.

And let me tell you, Aiden is amazing.

We left to watch the last of... Streetlight Manifesto, I believe it was. I wanted to get good spots for MSI so we would just live through Armor for Sleep and stay afterwords. It... didn't exactly work out that way. Armor for Sleep ended, Joey and I were around three people away from center stage, short people were in front of us, all was good.

Then my cell rang.

My mom was in the parents' lounge as she didn't have a ticket. The Artists' Tent happened to be within the boundaries of that area. My mom could see Hayley Williams right in front of her.

We rushed over and it turned out not to be her, but a woman who looked remarkably like her from far away. My mom apologized to her and I got somewhat angry. We had given up amazing spots for a look-a-like...

Then my mother mentions her bumping into Aiden, not knowing who they were, and saying sorry.

Oh, how enraged I got.

I dragged Joey back to the NowWhat.com Stage only to find it fucking packed. Armor for Sleep had started and the crowds had returned. Everything was backed up and luckily, we were able to get at least close to the stage. By the end, I was able to get at least ten people away from the stage on the right side.

And then MSI came on. Oh, my God, they are fucking incredible. I had missed them back at Projekt Revolution since I had been waiting in line for the pit, so my heart was palipitating quicker than ever. Everyone pushed and shoved worse than anything I had ever before witnessed, and the crowdsurfers WOULD. NOT. STOP. I don't even want to know how many times I got pummelled in the back, the head, or the neck. I fell all the time; every time not my fault.

MSI played:
Never Wanted to Dance.
Shut Me Up.
Mastermind.
Stupid MF.
Straight to Video.
1989.
Bitches.

There may or may not have been more. If I remember any more, I'll add them.

They were all fucking insane. Lyn-Z was absolutely gorgeous, Steve Righ? smiled at me, Jimmy ran all over the place, and Kitty was beautiful and fucking rocked.

During one of the songs, I was pushed flat on my back, three or four people landing on top of me. A large kid lands on my foot, twisting it to the left and almost breaking it. I screamed in pain and they finally got everyone off of me, tears stinging my eyes as I stood, sucked it up, and continued to jump, scream, and sing. I know, completely fantastic for my aching foot and ankle, eh?

Eh...

Afterwords, I met up with my cousin and we went searching for food. I bought cookies and a soda and we walked around in search of something to do. And that was when Joey spotted Little Jimmy Urine in a booth. A meet and greet with Mindless Self Indulgence. Oh, my God.

We got in line, only for Joey to leave a little bit later to go see Ludo, a band that he has come to adore. I talked to some people and we moved up in line. Some people who worked with the band came up the line selling little laminated necklaces with a picture of the band and such on it... It's kind of hard to explain but it is very, very awesome.

I was finally going to meet them: my favorite band next to My Chem; role models of mine...

But alas, my wishes never come the fuck true.

They cut it short and the band walked away. My foot still throbbed, but I ran to catch up with them behind the fence, behind other kids who I had befriended somewhat.

"Look, I have two cheeseburgers!" That was all Jimmy said before walking off with Lyn-Z and I think Steve.

...

I met up with my mom, who had been able to sneak out with a ticket she had found on the ground, and she had gotten me a sweatshirt as I was freezing. I was upset, to say the least, and yeah, I still am. Nothing ever seemed to work; I'd get a chance and everything would crush into tiny, bite-sized pieces of flesh, blood, and muscle.

We began to walk, talking, and I explained my disappointment. We were only interrupted by an extremely tall man with blonde, spikey hair holding a free hugs sign and smiling at me. I obliged and he bear hugged me, lifting me into the air and embracing me tightly. That, indeed, brought a small smile to my face.

I told my mom about my foot and she brought me to the first aid tent. They iced it, elevated it, wrapped it, and gave me some Advil. After a bit, we left in search of the MSI merch stand as that was all I wanted to do before leaving. A long while passed, and we finally found it only to discover that they were all out of everything but the new CD, "IF". I bought the deluxe edition, and we trudged out, my foot throbbing.

My mom and I sat in the car, waiting for Joey to finish watching Jack's Mannequin and Paramore. An hour or so passed and he finally returned. He said that the two bands were both amazing and that Paramore is crazy live.

Oh, and that Hayley Williams is hot.

He is seventeen. Hayley is what, eighteen? Heh, he holds a hope that I cannot bear to destroy. Haha.

The drive home was alright. We got Wendy's for dinner as we hadn't eaten much all day save a cookie for me and a hamburger and a cookie for Joey.

We're healthy, I know. No need to say it.

All and all, Bamboozle was fucking great. No sarcasm whatsoever. It was really just... fantastic...

If my foot isn't swollen tomorrow, I'll be going to the Sunday part of Bamboozle. If it is, then... I don't know. What am I, psychic?
May 4th, 2008 at 05:25am