Bamboozle - Sunday, May 4, 2008.

My foot ached, my back ached, my neck ached, and my body just plain hurt, but I still went.

Jesus Christ it was hot. We waited for Anti-Flag to come on at the main stage: Asbury Park Stage, only to find that since OneRepublic had been forced out of the set list due to injury, Scary Kids Scaring Kids went on before Anti-Flag. Joey and I decided to leave, even though I do really like the band, I just wanted to go see something else.

All Time Low was getting set to play. We started to move more into the crowd, which I suppose wasn't the best idea with my foot and all, but whatever. We did it and it got fucking crazy! The circle pits were continuous and one of the most violent ones I've ever seen. The crowdsurfers wouldn't stop coming, and of course, since I seem to be a crowdsurfer magnet, they would land on me, kicking me in the head or landing on my back and forcing me down.

I decided to surf as well, but didn't get too far. I must have accidentally hit someone because I was pushed forward once and went straight down onto my knees.

One word: Ow.

It scratched up my knees pretty bad and slightly tore my jean leg. They're gonna have some nice bruises tomorrow, let me tell you.

Oh yeah, and they played the cover of "Umbrella" by Rihanna that they did to put on the "Punk Goes Crunk" compilation album. It's amazing.

We watched Cobra Starship after that, and oh my God they're fucking incredible. We didn't get too close as it was packed, but the set was still great.

We got there just as they were ending The Church of Hot Addiction and went on to... ah, I forget what song it was. I remember them playing Snakes on a Plane, Smile for the Papparizi, Guilty Pleasure, Kiss My Sass, and perhaps a couple more. They ended and the crowd went absolutely wild.

Oh, and Travis McCoy came out during one of the songs, and we sang Happy Birthday to Nate since it was his birthday.

We ended up going back to see The Academy Is..., and dear Lord, it got intense. When William came out, every single person decided it would be a fantastic idea to push everyone in sight. No one stood still, obviously. And people moshed. They moshed to The Academy Is..., one of the happiest, poppiest sounding rock bands one can find. It's too happy to mosh as if you were at a metalcore gig.

But alas, the assholes made themselves known. There must have been like, four fights during the show.

The Academy Is... played Neighbors, We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands, The Phrase That Pays, and more. I really can't remember since I was more worried about getting out alive.

William and Gabe sound great live by the way.

My foot was throbbing and I was done, but Joey wasn't so I left him in search of my mom in the parking lot while he saw some of Circa Survive, 30H!3, Hip Hop Karaoke, Say Anything, and a bit of The Starting Line. My dad was coming back from the Yankee game and he would be taking Joey home, so we met up after about an hour and switched cars so that my mom, little sister, and I could go home.

It was fun. Really. I wouldn't trade this weekend for much.
May 4th, 2008 at 11:46pm